LegacyGT.com

need help with walbro install

as the title states, I need help with the walbro install in the stock fuel pump housing. I followed the walbro install thread on here, as well as this one http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/152257-walbro-255lph-pump-2008-sti-wrx-lgt.html

but for some reason it doesnt want to fit together very well. If you look at this picture

Resampled_2011-11-14_19-38-15_780.thumb.jpg.d93abc43f41686240dc96c4bace51e3a.jpg

I feel like the pump is bottomed out too much. Also, the clips are extremely hard to clip and i feel like i am going to break the housing.

Any advise?

You have to cut the tabs in the housing and grind down the round tabs on the pump to make the pump fit all the way into the housing. This thread pretty much covers it. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/walbro-fuel-pump-install-127809.html?t=127809&highlight=pump+install
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I followed all of those steps, and yes it fits tight, but the pump seems to bottom out on the housing and its nearly impossible to get all the clamps to become set. Is there any difference in dimension between the 255 and the 342?

The way you have it will work. You did not shave off "too much" of the housing, since that would give you more clearance.

Don't shave off too much or it will come apart.

If I could take a pic of mine, you would see that it is actually touching the bottom of the housing just like yours. As long as you can get the clips together, you are fine.

Are talking at the model number gss342? It's tight and hard to put togther. That's how it fits. That is why DW is coming out with a true drop in to fix the problem.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

yes itsme, model number gss342. is that just the model number for the 255?

If you grinded the tabs on the pump properly it is still a tight fit. I would say put it in you should be fine.

Wait I looked at your picture again. Can you pull your pump and let me see how much you grinded down the round tabs on your walbro pump.

If it is like that then you should be OK. I have done about 20 pump installs and they all were tight.

Archived