LegacyGT.com

Car wont idle, water in gas or maf

Hi guys, so the Subaru gods have turned,

My 95 I took it to camp, went though some water upto the headlights for a quick second, on the side of the air breather, i cursed when i realized how deep it was ! car ran fine for the next day, felt like it ran on 3 cylinders for a second when i went to accelerate once or twice, and got full power back and drove home, everything was fine, the next day, car wouldn't even idle or run, had 0 power, pulled of the MAF and it would run, but in a limp mode rich as can be, plug in maf it stalls, could it be plugs wires or something else? no water in the oil, I pulled the wires off no water, checked for vacuum leaks, even with quick start spray,

I has also bumped the bottom of the gas tank, so i changed the fuel filter thinking it was clogged, now im thinking its water in the gas, i some gasoline antifreeze with water dissolve in it, the tank is only 1/8th full, and still running like crap after 20 mins of driving, is it the maf ? how can i test ? does my 97 maf fit ? its a 3 wire and the 95 is 4 wire

ive read a quite a few forums and not sure, i think i might just give up, im parkign the car for parts anyways

if water got on the maf would it burn it ?

and then my 97 i changed the 4eat trans and had to put the old torque on because it was the only one that would seat, and well i didn't change the seal so its leaking out of the bell housing, pretty bad. I called a trans shop and he wants 350 for labor to change it, i think il be sucking it up and paying it, i don't have time etc to do it and the pain of being a backyard mechanic

thanks

• I Donated
Pull out all the spark plugs and crank the engine over several times. It sounds like there is still water in the cylinders. Cranking the engine over should get the rest of the water out

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived