LegacyGT.com

Buying 05 OBXT, get extended warranty?

Skidude

I am buying a 2005 OBXT limited, 5sp. I already put the down payment on it and I'm really excited. It was owned last by the proverbial "little old lady", and only has 73k miles on it. It looks to be in excellent shape.

The question I have is whether to buy the 3-year/36k mile extended warranty for $1,895. I do all my own work, normally, and I tend to modify my cars (though this one will stay pretty much stock for a while). I almost always pass on these extended warranties, but I have read some questionable things about the turbos and stuff in these XTs. I can't imagine I'll actually go through $1900 in parts in 3 years, especially since I have no problems installing used parts or "upgrades" in the event of a malfunction.

So, I don't think I'll buy it, but if enough people say it'll be worth it on these cars, I'll reconsider.

Take that money and open another bank account, put that money in it and leave it there in case you need it. Don't give it to them because that's all they will do with it. Better you use the money than them.

Have fun with your new toy.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived