LegacyGT.com

Opinions on a clutch

I did some reading when I had to change my clutch and I heard nothing but good things about Bully Clutch. This LGT is my wife's daily and I had plans for stage 2 (then 3 :) ) but still stuck in stage 'stock'.

Anyway, Bully Clutch 'hybrid' is what I went with and I'm happy to say that 30K later, it still works just like it should. It makes some noise at the point of friction but I got used to it and it doesn't affect the operation of things. I did the WRX brand new flywheel swap (straight from Subaru) as that was the requirement. I didn't drive an LGT with a stock clutch setup so I can't tell you how much harder the pedal is but it is quite harder than my stock 2.5 Impreza that we were replacing with the LGT. Wife still wants an automatic ... LOL but that was since two cars ago and we're still on 5MT.

Do u think the fx300 can withstand about 10 5k rpm clutch slips/launches? I need somthing that is light when you press it but still durable... After all it is considered a "stage 3" clutch

Ive done 50+ 5.5k rpm 10psi+ launches on my exedy replacement and shes still going. I thought she was toast but i just wasnt launching right so its still going but i dont launch it very often anymore because i know it wouldnt last much longer with launches.

• 5 weeks later...
Clutchmasters that is.

I just went through 2 different clutches in less than a month and let me tell you what I found. I had a Sachs factory replacement clutch in it that was almost all gone (90k) and the tob was frozen solid. The first replacement was an exedy stage II clutch with the subie smfw. That clutch is NOT a DD clutch at all. Pedal was hard as heck and it is super grabby like on/off no feathering it at all. It made the whole car shudder on almost every take off, was noisy, and downshifting was harsh too. If I would track my car I probably would stick with it because it would hold like nobodys business. Now I have the CM FX300 from infamous and the pedal is super easy much lighter than the factory replacement. A little too light IMO but it does hold awesomely and is super easy in traffic.

Archived