LegacyGT.com

Wiring Help

So I'm trying to install my boost, oil pressure, and trans temp. gauges, but the wires from the gauges are not long enough to reach... well, anything. I know absolutely nothing about wiring, so how do I extend the wires from the gauge so that they can reach the fuse box/ grounding area? How do I know which extensions to buy??

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Ummm...

Have you installed electronics before? Not being a d!ck, but it's elementary stuff.

It's probably 18AWG-22AWG wire, stranded copper. You can check with either a wire gauge or your wire strippers. Or you can measure the OD of the wire with some calipers and google it.

Good luck.

+1 on soldering. It's the only way to go. As much as bmx loves butt-splicing, it is simply not as good as soldering. If you're not comfortable with soldering or don't have the equipment, find a buddy who can help or go to any decent mechanic/stereo install shop. Radio Shack will have the wire, or an auto parts store. Get copper wire of at least the same gauge, if not slighly larger (which means a smaller AWG number).

Archived