LegacyGT.com

Torque conveter noise, (video)

So as previously posted i changed the trans, and couldnt get the newer torque conveter in, so i put the old one in because it simply slid in, I know the oil pump shaft is staying in there it was also still in the the newer trans and the old one slip it without a problem in both transmissions

the car is also full of atf, m

heres the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WTYPJwNMe8]torque converter noise, 97 subaru 2.5 - YouTube[/ame]

maybe il just bring it to a shop and get them to do it ! im getting fed up with this, haha

• I Donated

Is it that scraping noise that you're asking about?

Sounds like the flex plat is dragging against something...

Why are you axle stubs missing out of the old trans?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

see this torque converter is out of a transmission that was towed with two wheels on the ground and two up, didnt think it would affect a torque,and i dont think the flex plate is cracked, could that be it ? i didnt notice anything, and there was no play

hey is there another clip thats at the other end of the oil shaft that comes off the TC inside the tranny ? i allready pulled one out, could that be rubbing against splines ? what about bearings ? is there any bearings that could be bad in the TC,

SOLUTION ! wow after so many hours of problems and searching it is fixed !! the transmission has stopped whining,

what it was : the transmission pan was dented from the junk yard and caused it to seal off the filter input causing the pump to cavitate (air bubles in the pump), took off the pan bashed it out and replaced the filter, all good now !

hope this helps people in the future !

thanks everyone

keywords: cavitating cavitate cavitation air bubles transmission 4eat subaru legacy outback 97 whine whinning noise tourque converter

Archived