LegacyGT.com

if anybody wants a comparo...

since there seems to be alot of speculation at this point on here...I just traded my 02 wrx for a 2.5GT a few days ago (both MT). IMO...the Gt feels like its faster to me, and has much better low end torque, so you don't get that occasional getting caught off rpm hesitation. I went up a huge hill on a back road today that I would have needed to downshift to 4th in the wrx unless I had enough speed, and I could leave it in fifth w/out bogging in the GT. Brakes are better on the GT. Handling goes to the WRX--ultimate grip is decent on the GT (especially given the tires) but there is of course more body roll. Handling is still decent, just not as crisp as a wrx. I would guess some stiffer shocks and decent rubber would largely take care of that though. Of course the wrx didn't handle as well before I put the high performance summers on, but tires alone won't take care of the roll. Anything else people are wondering about? The exhaust note is very nice on the GT when you really get on it :wink:

[quote name='scubie02']oh, I've been averaging about 24 mpg, if anyone was curious about that...[/quote] My OB XT with 5MT has averaged 23 accoring to the computer since I took delivery. The average fuel economy thingy is tied to the trip odometer. When the odo is reset so is the avg. MPG. My last tank, about 50/50 suburban stop and go (easily into fifth between lights) and highway averaged over 25. That is both according to the computer and my own calculations. All shifts (except one at 5K :twisted: ) below 4K.

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='scubie02']oh, I've been averaging about 24 mpg, if anyone was curious about that...[/quote] Me too. On the trip home with mostly highway I was getting a little over 26. Now that I've been doing more city driving to work it's down to 24.[/quote] Cool. Mine's not broken in yet so I've pretty much done all back roads and avoided the highway to keep rpm's varied, so I'm pleased with the mileage given that, and assume it'll get even better as the car breaks in. Always nice to have a car that gets or exceeds what they say it will get for mileage!

[quote name='scubie02'][quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='scubie02']oh, I've been averaging about 24 mpg, if anyone was curious about that...[/quote] Me too. On the trip home with mostly highway I was getting a little over 26. Now that I've been doing more city driving to work it's down to 24.[/quote] Cool. Mine's not broken in yet so I've pretty much done all back roads and avoided the highway to keep rpm's varied, so I'm pleased with the mileage given that, and assume it'll get even better as the car breaks in. Always nice to have a car that gets or exceeds what they say it will get for mileage![/quote] Hmm... don't I know you from somewhere? Welcome to the board scubie!

Archived