LegacyGT.com

Plasti-Dip Grill

Hey guys, today i Plasti-dipped my stock grill on my 05 LGT (silver)

I taped off what was originally black, and only painted the chrome, although when taking the tape off, some of the paint went with it.

If you guys haveyour grill painted, did you paint the whole grill, or just the chrome?

It looks sweet though!

If you're looking for sharp lines after plasti-dip, I would suggest using an Xacto knife at the tape seam before lifting. I'm pretty sure plasti-dip was designed to be peeled off, so that's why it's lifting with the tape. It's not like regular paint where the tape will leave a clean edge on its own.

From what i have gathered in other threads is that if you want to be able to go back to chrome plasti dip is the way to go. However i have read about plasti diped grilles getting pretty beat up. Weather that is true or not i just recently did my grill with 5 coats of satin black krylon for plastic, followed by 4 coats of satin clear. It looks great and seems to be holding up well.

Got mine at Ace hardware.

I'm looking to do the same thing to my lgt, where can you buy plasti dip?

Bought mine at Lowe's around $6 a can.

Might peel off and do it again painting the whole thing ill see how it holds up, also looking to do my wheels black

From what i have gathered in other threads is that if you want to be able to go back to chrome plasti dip is the way to go. However i have read about plasti diped grilles getting pretty beat up. Weather that is true or not i just recently did my grill with 5 coats of satin black krylon for plastic, followed by 4 coats of satin clear. It looks great and seems to be holding up well.

Only reason i did not want to use regular spray paint is because if it didn't look good or it was a bad application, it couldn't be removed as easily as Plasti-Dip

Archived