LegacyGT.com

new to tuning, please evaluate my current setup.

sachilles

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

More LV's.

I've been reading on the various sites. NSFW has a good learning view how to, on romraiders forums.

Below I have the most recent learning view. Seeing knock in the 4000-4800 range. According to the tutorial, 1.4 is a concern, and higher is a bigger concern. I have not reset the ecu for a couple of weeks. My last posted lv, did not show this knock(at I've not reset the ecu since before the last lv post). Honestly haven't been in that rpm range all that often.

Also reading up on vacuum leaks that, if you see a number closer to 14 in the air fuel learning, then you have a vacuum leak. Being at 6.3, is that a concern since the last lv was 4.8?

Since I tend to be a hands on learner. I figured I'd try learning view on my 02 wrx wagon. That is attached. The max iam number is 16 with those I've learned. Can I assume other values should be similar to the norms for a legacy? This car has utec, catless uppipe, and tbe. For giggles I tried to make a copy of it's rom(Ecuflash), and was unable, despite having the green connectors connected and the jumper jumped. Wasn't sure if the utec can cause complications with that. Being a piggy back system, it just overides at a certain rpm. Can the LV still provide useful info in that case?(ie is the ecu being fooled into thinking everything is ok). If I attempt to log with romraider, will it provide useful info? or will the utec muck up the works.

It's normal for AF Learning values to move around a bit, so 6.3 & 4.8 are no big deal. They're both a long way from a vacuum leak.

Other than the trouble codes, the WRX looks fine.

The -2.8 in the lowest-load column is suspicious. The stock tune runs a lot of timing in that area (low load, higher-than-cruise RPM), and I've found that capping the total timing at 38 degrees leaves me with less knock.

I don't know why EcuFlash can't read from your WRX, I've never worked with one.

I haven't used a UTEC, but it's my understanding that you can still log the factory sensors, you just have to keep in mind that the ECU's timing, WGDC, and fueling can all be overridden by the UTEC. The UTEC has its own data logging, though I don't know whether or not RomRaider supports it.

• 3 months later...

So after a tune, this is my current LV. It's about a tank and a half of gas, since the tune ~400 miles.

Drives well. Subjectively feels smoother with more power. Fuel mileage seems improved as well.

Is the -2.80 a cause for concern at the 4000-4800 range?

776356309_learningview32112.JPG.1cac184468b64eef13f1f1d406b5d73b.JPG

Archived