LegacyGT.com

AccessTUNER questions

Hello everyone ! I own a 09 legacy gt for about 3 months now and getting closer to paying it off and finally ill be able to put some money in the car . My first though was a BOV but after reading a bit i found out its pointless. I want to buy the accesstuner now and want to know a little bit more about it . Im only thinking stage one and 2 later on , is it worth buying accesstuner just for that ? will it help the turbo laq legacy's come with ? can someone give me some advice please .

The Cobb AccessPort is a valid way to tune your LGT. They come with stock Stage 1 and Stage 2 maps that are "OK". The AP can be used for remote (e-tuning) as many have successfully done, including myself.

There are less expensive options - software and inexpensive cables for use with a laptop in your car.

You should search the forum(s) here. There is a lot of information if you take the time to educate yourself. Forum members get pissed if you don't try the research first.

The Cobb AccessPort is a valid way to tune your LGT. They come with stock Stage 1 and Stage 2 maps that are "OK". The AP can be used for remote (e-tuning) as many have successfully done, including myself.

There are less expensive options - software and inexpensive cables for use with a laptop in your car.

You should search the forum(s) here. There is a lot of information if you take the time to educate yourself. Forum members get pissed if you don't try the research first.

Thank you for your your response . I been reading a lot im familiar with the VAGCOM option and ap . Im just not sure which way to go . I dont think i will ever want to go more then stage 2. can you please help me how to search ? ever time i try it always shows something completely different

well the AP is initially/theoretically more expensive, and you won't feel as cool as a guy feeling he has personally tuned his car via a laptop, but - there's no laptop, in-depth software, batteries, and you can switch maps, see real time data, log data, performance (1/4 mi, 0-60) and check codes with one (1) hand. E-tuning cost me $150 a pop and I hardly spilled any beer going to my car with the AP in my pocket AND loading the latest rev of the e-tune. Other option - Dyno-tune. Bucks, far away from you, a one-off, and ...did you see the vids of those cars escaping from the dyno at redline? **** that...

pending my schedule, I am willing to let you test drive my AP some time during the week. Mine is not being used because my car is going through some tests. But, I am in freehold. Pm me and we can arrange a test drive. *disclaimer. What you do to your car in route, while testing and on return trip is your sole responsibility blah blah blah :)

Archived