LegacyGT.com

Garnet Red Pearl owners...

How do you like the color now that you've had it for a few days/weeks? Is it a color that shows dirt easily? Or is it fairly easy to keep clean? I have yet to see this in person, so I'm curious about the metallic red...

[quote name='racerdave']How do you like the color now that you've had it for a few days/weeks? Is it a color that shows dirt easily? Or is it fairly easy to keep clean? I have yet to see this in person, so I'm curious about the metallic red...[/quote] My car is a little dirty already but it still looks good. I'll let you know once my car gets rained on, though.

I bought my Garnet Red Legacy GT wagon (Limited with Taupe interior) last Friday, and I've been staring at the finish (or trying not to go stare at it) for about a week. Now that I'm more familiar with it, I like the color better than ever. It always changes subtly, with the lighting conditions. Before I saw GR, I was partial to the Charcoal interior; but, I think that the Taupe goes very well with GR, and I'm glad that I got mine this way -- it's a great combination. The faux wood isn't the best (I used to own an Audi), but there isn't too much of it, and it adds to the overall good looks. The car doesn't often appear quite as orange as digital photos would indicate. Under many conditions, it looks like a true red. Sometimes, I could mistake it for Audi's Amulet Red, which is one of my favorite car colors. In bright light, I can see the orange comes through. The overall effect is not a tomato-soup red, though... it shifts around on you. Since this effect is hard to describe, let's call it "borange" (rhymes with orange). :) If you haven't seen Garnet Red in person, there's no way to decide save for judging it yourself. I also looked at white, or maybe the dark blue; but, red was definitely first on my list, and I'm glad I waited for it (got the first one off the truck, if the salespeople are to be believed). As for how dirt shows: I haven't gotten it dirty yet, so I can't really say. All in all, I'm really glad that Subaru offers this color... that helped make my decision to jump to Subaru very easy. I just hope that the highway patrol don't come to like this color as much as I do. :D -cheers, fattyfox

[quote name='racerdave']Fox, hehe, yeah, I'm kinda wary of arrest-me-red. But thanks for the info. I'll have to scout around to see where I can see the red in the area. :)[/quote] Maybe I could do a road trip? I might be in Milwaukee area this weekend... :D

Archived