LegacyGT.com

SPYSHOTS: USDM 06 Legacy GT Spec B

What's under the hood?

The red seats and ricer pedals are disturbing. Only something special under the hood would make me take an interest in this car.

The story everyone seems to be getting is that nothing has been done to the drivetrain. It's just an option package: custom interior, wheels, suspension, and a few other items.

So, you still get 250 hp/ 250 lb/ft torque. That's why most are just adding go-fast goodies to the GT. You get more for your money, and don't have to put up with the ugly pink leather.

The only thing that would make it worth buying is the exclusivity, not the content.

I was going to post this to the "New Info" thread, where the pictures were originally posted, but that thread seems to have subordinated to this one...

I can understand why the spyshots of the Spec B are underwhelming. I am holding judgement until I see it. (I don't think the red leather looks that bad, and is likely deeper and richer than the flash pictures suggest. Thanks again to the one who took and originally posted them, though.)

You can see that it looks darker in this pic:

http://tinypic.com/63yh5y

However, if they would make it like this:

http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~tn-guts/img132.jpg

This is what the Spec B should be.

I would have very little hesitation, and would be ALL OVER IT if it were WRB with Blue Alcantara interior, nearly regardless of option content.

The japanese bodywork is importable, and installable, with enough of the right parts.

However, the level and cost of the work to dissassemble and paint a Legacy in WR Blue is very much higher, pretty much prohibitively so. I want one factory painted this color... Then I'll modify it to my taste.

That, IMHO, is a pittance. Playing MP3s encoded onto CDs may be ok for some. I have an iPod that has 30 Gigs of MP3s, and M4A files, and sorts them, and plays them just fine. I want some way to plug that in without cutting everything up.

I was pissed about not getting the option for an aftermarket head unit, and I know people around here are still up in arms about that. For me, a factory head unit is fine, as long as there is some sort of a line in, which of course, there isn't. Nice boneheaded move, if ya ask me.

In the age of satelite radio, and portable music players, such as the iPod and it's many competitors, it is really stupid not to have the foresight to at least have a line input option so that people can utilize the devices they already have. Not to mention the technology advancement that will come out in the next 5-6 years, while people like me will be owning and paying off the car over that timeframe. Inflexibility in that way is a really stupid move.

Maybe the '06 will finally have the stereo with an active "SAT" button, (it appears that it could be in there...) and an input. I am not holding my breath.

I agree! Looks like someone left a big old wet lick mark on the tire.

Subaru has never heard of tire swipes. Looks aweful. :(

Not too wowed by the car, need specs!

Archived