LegacyGT.com

sad BMW drivers

I was driving through my streets until i had to stop at a traffic light. Next to me pulled up a 2000 740 I and a CLK 430 who i could tell were friends and willing to race... not starting off fast i saw the BMW floor it and drive off, i casually caught him and meet side to side with him, i could tell that he would want to take me at a roll so i was already in the proper gear when he decided to test my legacy and he took off. i pushed it to the floor and slowly caught up to him, when i quickly shifted into fourth the car pounced and kept on passing him. We both later stopped at a light where i had to turn and he went straight but he rolled down the window and said, "what is in that 'thing' of yours." i said, "nothing, i just got it 5 weeks ago" and rolled off... i could see that he thought nothing more of his BMW now than just a big functional paper weight. :lol:

BTW the CLK430 was on my ass the whole time... but i love mercedes!

:rolleyes:

I was passed by

http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/main/models/gallery/photo_gallery/cls/coupe_ext_2_main.jpg

today. CLS55 AMG . I can’t say I’m upset too much, he was packing 469hp. Price difference is about $65,000. :eek:

If I put soooo much money in modes can I take him? I guess it would be what, stage 6? :eek: :eek: :D

I was passed the other day by one of these:

http://articles.motortoday.com/news/SL65AMG/SL65AMG-1.jpg

has a slight hp advantage.... not to mention torque advantage. Was probably doing 120 with a M3 attempting to chase it.

One more turbo and 3 times the cylinders.

I was passed by

http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/main/models/gallery/photo_gallery/cls/coupe_ext_2_main.jpg

today. CLS55 AMG . I can’t say I’m upset too much, he was packing 469hp. Price difference is about $65,000. :eek:

If I put soooo much money in modes can I take him? I guess it would be what, stage 6? :eek: :eek: :D

I'd rather have an E55 AMG. Bring back the "Hammer."

It grates on me that they refer to this as a 4 door coupe. That is by-definition, an oxymoron. The word coupe is defined by having two doors. Calling a 4-door as a coupe just makes MB look foolish. Saying something often enough doesn't just "make it so."

Plus, I cannot stand the CLS's arched body lines, and the slanted, squinty rear treatment, and the permenantly surprized stretched-headlight expression. The E-class may be more mundane, but looks so much nicer.

Supposedly, the proposed BMW X6 is a six series "4-door coupe" (I hate even saying that... but hence they are giving it an even number) raised up with the X5's AWD. Guess where they got that idea? I think Red beast is gonna get jealous. But it is everything EXCEPT a coupe.

Archived