LegacyGT.com

prices paid for Legacy GT Limited

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='inthedeck'] I haggled them to the point where they quoted me $25,980.00. Do you feel that this would be a good deal? Van Bortel was quoting $25,680.00 and it's about 300 miles away (so the 300 I lose out on, is really a savings in terms of gas, food, and lodging for a night). I might still haggle a little more, for them to give me a bit more on the trade-in...so let's see what happens...I go back tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated. I will also try to obtain an outside financed loan, so I don't have to deal with the dealers trying to milk me with a higher interest rate. Thanks in advance Later, i.[/quote] FWIW I usually go with the better service dept. I'm really happy with the dealer where I bought my first Legacy, so even if it was more there, (reasonable amount) I would still buy there.

Ended up ordering mine last night.....now I just have to wait ~ 6 weeks for it to be built and delivered.... '05 GT Lmtd (Regal Blue), 5-speed, rear spoiler, STI short throw shifter, Subwoofer, Autodimming mirror/compass, and wheel locks. Ended up paying $100 under invoice.... It is going to be a long 6 weeks of waiting!

Sure.... look above a few posts .... But after looking at the paperwork, they actually ADDED $100 to my trade in instead of removing it from the vehicle price... Didn't catch that until just now...

just got final word from the dealer, that they are going to sell me the car (non-ltd GT) with all the options that I asked for -- price = 25695.00. Got approved for a car loan at 4.99 percent, which seems like the way to go for me. Gonna be sad giving up the WRX, but maybe in a few years, after the wife takes to learning a stick, I can get an STi....hehe. Anyway, thanks for the info. i.

I don't really think so...unless the model year is almost up (which in this case, it just started). But nine times out of ten, it makes no difference to order from the factory versus the lot...dealers always do swaps and the like, so they hardly ever get 'stuck' with a car that they have in their lot. Now, when you order from the factory, they know you are interested...so try to haggle as much as possible to get to close as invoice (which is a relative term, depending on the dealer). Hope that helped. i.

Van Bortel always gives you the invoice price; it doesn't matter if you order it or not. I bought both my Fords from Kitty Van Bortel. My uncle bought his Subaru wagon from Van Bortel. If you are anywhere near Western NY I would go there. I am going to buy from her when I get my Legacy GT.

Rangerman... I thought about driving up there (300+ miles). Then, I found that the dealer closest to me was offering to sell me the car for $15.00 more than Van Bortel. I couldn't resist that, but what I did do is send a couple of emails to other dealers, to see if they could beat that price as well. If I don't hear from them soon, then I would say that it's a safe bet that no one else can match the price -- with all the options -- not even Van Bortel (as this would cost me money to drive up there, etc.). Good luck, i.

Definately not gonna worry about the 15.00 for now. I have sent an email to three other dealers to see if they can beat the last price that I got. If anyone can beat it then they will get the business. Ah, you gotta love the games people play with dealers. And yes, I have to agree, I-90 in NY is a great trip (been to Toronto a few times) but you gotta watch out for the whirlies and the troopers. Later, i.

Oh. My. God. I now officially love you, Yankees25. I thought the $27500 quote I got on the GT Sedan 5EAT with the compass mirror was good. I'm now set on $26750 to buy locally, or I'm making a little roadtrip. Maybe $27150 if they throw in the spoiler. Maybe. Honestly, I think I'd enjoy taking one last roadtrip in my old clunker and making the return trip while learning my brand new Subie. Plus, no sales tax, at least I think... **UPDATE** I got it! $27000 flat, but I didn't get the spoiler. Genius salesman let me get the price on paper before he found out I wasn't leasing/financing. Whoops... I've got it on order, but they might find me a dealer trade before it comes in.

Hi guys, I've been lurking for awhile and decided to bite the bullet and buy the new GT. My wife and I have been looking at the Acura TSX and TL, along with the 3-series. However, the price/performance ratio of the GT is unbeatable. I couldn't justify spending 35-40k on a car when I know I could get better performance for more than 10k less, especially when I figure that 10k can go into our new baby's college fund! So, I just ordered the GT limited for $250 over invoice.. however I'm getting a little extra on my tradein now too so it works out ok. One dealer (in Indianapolis) offered 500 under MSRP but eventually came down to 500 over invoice. The other dealer in town went down to 250 over invoice so I took it. I could have probably gotten it down a little more with some more work, but oh well. Should find out today how long it will take to get in. I ordered the Atlantic Blue w/ charcoal; 5MT. This car is awesome! I can't wait to get it!!!!

Hi soon to be subi owners, Has anyone noticed that carsdirect.com has 05 legacy and outbacks at invoice. I can't believe such a recently introduced car is selling it at such great prices. I shouldn't be complaining, I should just go and buy one. I guess this saves haggling with the dealer unless the dealer is willing to go below invoice. thanks, jesse

I checked carsdirect.com, and priced the car with the options that I am getting, and their target price is WAY higher than what I will be paying. Also, the Invoice price that they listed is only 300 less than what I am paying...so, not sure how good their prices are -- again, take that invoice price, and attempt to haggle the dealer and see what happens. Be strong when visiting a dealer...and they know you're not 'afraid' of them. Oh well...I won't have the car till next month, so maybe it will make a nice birthday present from myself to me :wink: ! Later, i

Just ordered my GT LTD today! Silver with charcoal leather. I got the spoiler, security upgrade, mirror/compass, and woofer/amp...paid $28,000 even. Call around to other dealers and play off of them. I was able to get a tightwad manager to go a little over invoice. Keep coming back and you will wear them down! Silver 5spd is hard to find here in SoCal, so I had to order it. 6 weeks...oh well. At least it will be built for ME...no test drives! :lol:

Got my through Exclusively Subaru in Ontario. Got a black 2.5GT with sti pedals, momo shift knob, sti short throw shifter, sub woofer and security upgrade for $25,821. Out the door was 27,721. Took a long time, but wellllll worth the wait.

Archived