LegacyGT.com

17x8 Rim fitment on BD

I found a rim I like but it only comes in a 17x7 or a 17x8. No 7.5 which bugs me. I want a wider rim, currently running a 16x6.5. Would like at least an inch more. Anyone know what kind of fitment issues I would have? And what size of tire I can run.

Offset is +48.

• I Donated

He only has 1,996 posts. Not quite 2,000. So I think we can excuse this one!

Not to mention, wheel size is nowhere in any of the stickies.

I was running 18x9 on the 95 sedan, but I have no earthly idea what the offset was.

Are you able to test fit these wheels before you buy them? If you're buying them from any kind of store / shop or anything, they should test fit them for you to see if they clear everything.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I can't say for sure, so don't quote me lol.

I am running 17 x 7.5 offset +48, with 225/45/17 tires, fenders rolled. With THAT setup I have noooo problems, no rubbing, no nothing, and wheels sit slightly less than flush with a slight negative camber all around (-.8). With neutral stance, wheels are perfectly flush with fenders.

So....I imagine if you got .5 inch wider, it wouldn't make a difference and should still look good neutral or slightly aggressive stance, BUT I can't say anything about the wheel fitment around the hub.

Good luck!

i beleive we have threads and stickys... idk about this very question. for someone with 2000 post you sure fucked this one up... lol baddog.

I believe you are still a very uneducated child. Very immature as well.

Anyways onto other news. I was going to try to run a 17x8 but I may be looking for a rim with a 7.5. I think with a +48 offset I may be okay. With my fenders rolled of course.

it really depends on what your going for. do you want to fender roll? what do u want your camber to be? how stiff is your suspension? there's a dude on here with 9.75 +20 with fender roll, it fits. when i was lowered about 3" on coilovers, with camber set to "0", i rubbed on 17x7 +53 w/ 215/45.

to me though, 17x8 +48 is cake walk

What about 17x7+ 48 with 17mm spacers? 215/50/17's

Not to steal from your question:)

I think you should "feed the troll" such comments make me feel uncomfortable and hate to ask questions on this forum! It's rude and common on this site :(. Its best to go to Subaruforester.org and lie about your car :p Jk but seriously don't be so uptight! life goes on:)

negative .8 on your camber is the stock setting

Proof??

I'm not saying I know the correct answer. All I'm saying is, when my car was 'stock,' camber was no where near -.1, and the wheels were obviously not cambered inward when you looked at em, and the feel of the car was completely different.

I know subarus have natural slightly negative camber, but when mine was stock it was close to 0, or even slightly positive.

• I Donated

I don't mean to argue with you, but you're dead wrong.

positive front camber is asking for trouble. Every car on the road runs slightly negative camber on the front. I know this from doing alignments for several years now. Anything less than -1 is considered "slight" negative camber. You don't really get visible camber until you approach -2.

IIRC, the stock Legacy camber range is -.4 to -.7 or 8. You can max out the camber bolts and get up to about -1.5.

Just because your car was close to 0 when you had it aligned, doesn't mean that it was its "stock" setting. Camber will get knocked out of whack if you hit a pot hole hard enough...or even from just normal driving over time.

I will try and find specs online somewhere and post them if you really want to see

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

No I wasn't trying to argue at all. I was merely sharing my own personal observations. I am far from an alignment expert. Yes, I agree. My car may not have been on 'stock' settings, just simply 'within spec.'

I agree, positive camber is asking for trouble; however, to say that you really don't visually see your camber as negative until you go -2 means you are just arrogant and won't admit or you are in some serious denial. At -2 you are VISIBLY VERY cambered inward at that point. There's no way someone would look at a -2 camber and be like "hmmmm it appears to be pointing inward.." No, at that point, it's undeniable the wheels are cambered in.

This isn't even a matter of how many years of alignment experience you have. Anyone can go outside and look at a wheel and see if it's cambered inward or not. It's obvious. What's different is the degree to which it is cambered inward. I know this from looking at cars for many years now.

• I Donated

I'm sorry, but on my cars I can't see very noticeable negative camber even at negative 1.7. On the other hand, I can see negative 3.

It is not arrogance or denile.

NEGATIVE 3 REAR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/95LegacySTI/208801_10150160302383326_605068325_6594977_2898117_n.jpg

NEGATIVE 1.7 FRONT NEGATIVE 1.2 REAR

the last pic had bent suspension pieces on the pass side rear - so it has a bunch of positive toe and negative camber

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/darktint.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/168024_495277578325_605068325_5941944_1329147_n.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/IMAG0175.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/Untitled-5-2.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I am now just thinking of running a 17x7. No point in running the 17x8 because I won't use the biggest tire the 8 inch rim can fit.

Could I run a 225/45/17? Or should I just stick with 215/45/17? Was wanting a wider tire then I have now (which is 205/55/16)

I am now just thinking of running a 17x7. No point in running the 17x8 because I won't use the biggest tire the 8 inch rim can fit.

Could I run a 225/45/17? Or should I just stick with 215/45/17? Was wanting a wider tire then I have now (which is 205/55/16)

u can run a 225/50-16 on stock 16"s ya know.

• I Donated

the first number is the same regardless of what size tire it is. Thats just the width in MM.

And the 225/45/17 is only .1 inches bigger then stock tire size (205/55/16)...so with a 48 offset like he is wanting, he will be just fine

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived