LegacyGT.com

Is this a good out the door price for a 2012 Legacy GT?

First of all this is my 1st post so I apologize if I am doing this wrong. I sometimes feel guilty because I use forms all of the time as information sources however I hardly ever am an active participant (abusing the system).

I know I have seen some people posting about how they payed a "a few" grand under invoice for the new lgt's however I am wondering what the actual amount is for a good price on a brand new 2012 LGT? Are they saying invoice is MSRP or invoice is the price the dealer pays?

Current Quote price with the following options:

2012 Subaru LGT

-Trunk Lip Spoiler

-Auto Dim Mirror w/ Homelink

-All Weather Mats

-Interior Illumination Kit

-Splash Guards

-Trunk Cargo Tray

-Wheel Locks

MSRP on Quote = $33,613

Dealer Discount = $ 2,302

Out the door price with Sales Tax, title, etc. = $33,414

From my discussion w/ the salesman, I might be able to get it a few hundred more off however the price is pretty fixed. I will likely be financing at 2.9% for 60 months unless I can find a better rate else where.

I live in Michigan (sales tax = 6%) so I don't know if that helps w/ regional pricing differences.

Are there any other forms out there which specifically discuss prices?

Additional Questions:

-Opinions on the Short Throw Shifter?

I have heard mixed opinions, a good gear head friend of mine suggests it will put additional strain on the syncros so I shouldn't get it where others suggest is makes it a more enjoyable experience to drive and it is more reliable...

For now I plan on going to another local Subaru dealer and see what kind of a price they give me on the same car w/ the same options. After I take delivery of the car, I plan on buying some blizzak tires and a Thule Areo rack w/ ski box and also a front fork mountain bike rack for the summer. I looked into the Subaru roof rack however it is the same door clamp style as the Thule at a higher price.

I always told myself that I would never purchase a new car however with the high price and low supply of the LGT's I feel like it is easy to justify buying brand new, especially w/ dealer financing... I have tried considering other vehicles however I keep on coming back to the LGT. I need an all season car. All Wheel drive, manual, turbochargered, which fits 4 comfortably.

Please feel free to share your opinion on the price, additional options I have opted for, or anything else. I have been driving a 93 Honda Accord since I was 16 (now 22) so this will be my 1st new car :-) Hence why I am so clueless on all of this stuff. Thank you ahead of time, I really appreciate the help!

• Moderators

My only advice is about your interest rate. Do you belong to a federal credit union of any kind? If so, a number of them are offering between 0% and 1.9% so you could find a better rate.

Good luck with your purchase!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

My only advice is about your interest rate. Do you belong to a federal credit union of any kind? If so, a number of them are offering between 0% and 1.9% so you could find a better rate.

Good luck with your purchase!

Which credit unions are offering these interest rates? The lowest I have found is with PenFed at 2.49% for 60 months(I will have to do 60).

• Moderators
Well, 2.49 is better that 2.9. I know that PenFed had 1.99% on all cars (used or new) quite recently for up to 48 months. Buddy of mine just got 0% through a credit union, but not sure which one or how long the loan was for.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived