LegacyGT.com

Buying a new subaru Legacy 3.6r

12legacy3.6

Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to get some feed back before putting money down on custom ordering a 3.6r from my local dealership. They don’t keep many cars on the lot and said any 3.6rs will need to be custom ordered. Plus through my employer I get all Subaru’s at invoice minus 2% so I thought it’s about time to trade in my 03 Hyundai Tiburon Gt with 150k+ miles.

So my main question is I know the Tiburon isn’t a speed machine but it made it to 0-60 in about 7 secs, so will this car meet or exceed this? Also how does this car handle, I take long trips down to SC and FL and need vehicle that can handle 10%+ grade.

Any feed back is well appreciated and maybe help but my fears to rest.

The car is great on the highway and has plenty of power. With the rear wheel bias AWD it feels more performance oriented than the 2.5i. Its smooth and will pretty much beat that old hyundai in any weather condition.

Okay that’s good, I have heard some bad reviews online that it doesn’t "feel" sporty, which is what I like about my Tiburon when I hit the gas it reacts and gets up and goes. I was just hoping this would be the same. I know its not a sports car like the wrx, but i cant afford a $100+ jump on insurance for it plus car payment cost.

are you aware of any performance parts for the legacy? I have been doing some research here but it doesn’t really look like there are any. I don’t want it go really fast, just exhaust and maybe a CAI? I like the sound like my Tiburon with the two.

Thanks a lot!

I had to custom order mine as well. While you're at it, have your accessories port installed. So as soon as it comes in, the car will be ready and the labor charge is cheaper rather then having the dealership do it.

You'll have no problem beating out your Tib. On the highway, you'll get nice smooth power with no issues passing or uphill grades. Don't expect to snap your neck back as the torque is on the low end, but non the less with plenty of power.

Oh and if you want to improve the handling, throw on a 19mm rear sway bar. We've all pretty much done it and it's a nice cheap, yet effective upgrade.

Good luck on the purchase!

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I had to custom order mine as well. While you're at it, have your accessories port installed. So as soon as it comes in, the car will be ready and the labor charge is cheaper rather then having the dealership do it.

You'll have no problem beating out your Tib. On the highway, you'll get nice smooth power with no issues passing or uphill grades. Don't expect to snap your neck back as the torque is on the low end, but non the less with plenty of power.

Oh and if you want to improve the handling, throw on a 19mm rear sway bar. We've all pretty much done it and it's a nice cheap, yet effective upgrade.

Good luck on the purchase!

Okay great thanks for the reply, I'm sorry what do you mean about accessories port? I'm sorry complete new to Subaru’s. That’s great because like I said do lots of driving in NC/SC so that’s important to me.

Thanks!

The car is great on the highway and has plenty of power. With the rear wheel bias AWD it feels more performance oriented than the 2.5i. Its smooth and will pretty much beat that old hyundai in any weather condition.

Okay good because I do about 20 miles each way on the high way so thats great! I also wanted AWD because my tiburon kind of sucked in the winter and didnt want to stop lol!

Okay great thanks for the reply, I'm sorry what do you mean about accessories port? I'm sorry complete new to Subaru’s. That’s great because like I said do lots of driving in NC/SC so that’s important to me.

Thanks!

Meaning think ahead and have any accessories installed at the port/ factory. The labor charge is cheaper. Also, this way you get the better pricing on the accessories vs. buying them after you take delivery of the car.

So if you wanted Puddle Lights, get them installed prior to inception.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Meaning think ahead and have any accessories installed at the port/ factory. The labor charge is cheaper. Also, this way you get the better pricing on the accessories vs. buying them after you take delivery of the car.

So if you wanted Puddle Lights, get them installed prior to inception.

Okay now I understand, when I have them custom order my car i will let them know all the options I want to have installed.

Enjoy! The paddle shifters give a sportier feel when you want it. My transmission has adapted to my drive it like I stole it mentality haha. I'm usually happy with the shift points its been chooseing. Plus you get the good sat radio. 2010s are a dumb stick on antenna set up. I miss sat radio but don't want that foolishly designed set up....I wonder if they can put shark fin antenna in aftermarket?

Archived