LegacyGT.com

Help! Need info on sales tax in MA

Verwilderd

I anyone can offer some advice on this, I would be greatly appreciative.

I recently moved to MA from TX and just registered my car here. I've had this car for over two years and paid sales tax in Texas. In addition, this vehicle is a leased vehicle. Upon talking to chase (the bank that holds the lease), I'm told my payment has gone up because of having to pay sales tax in Massachusetts. Is this correct? How can I be forced to pay sales tax on something not even purchased in this state (and held for over two years in another)?

If anyone has any advice or knows about the tax laws on bringing a leased vehicle to MA, please let me know. From what I've been able to find, if you purchased something in another state and if was in that state for over 6 months, you should be exempt from sales tax. This isn't an excise tax that I'm paying because a leased vehicle is not considered tangible personal property (as technically, this is not my car and I do not own it). Another thing that might be helpful was that my should did not need to be retitled in MA because the finance company I leased from was in the same state as I originally leased the car, which I'm told makes it not needed to be retitled.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice or info.

why not just keep it TX title/plate until the lease is over?

I transfer my motorcycle title from MA - CT & did not have to pay CT tax & just a transfer fee.

your lease vehicle tax are built into your lease amount.

i know that forsure cause the break down on our BMW show tax potion x36 months.

Archived