LegacyGT.com

TPMS Wiring

Nelson

I have been reading the posts regarding the TPMS and it seems no has a fix for disabling the system. I had download the manual from a site and found the wiring diagram, trouble shooting, etc. I am not smart when it comes to disabling these things, but I do know from being on this site their are some very smart people who figure out how to get around things (seatbelt chime, DRL, etc) so I figure if I upload the PDF's I have many someone can figure out how to do it. And this way we all can have two sets of tires and not have to pay to have this system retrained every season.

Nelson

MSA5T0705A143674 Subaru Select Monitor.pdf

MSA5T0705A143672 Electrical Component Location.pdf

MSA5T0705A143675 Read Diagnostic Trouble Code DTC.pdf

MSA5T0705A143676 Inspection Mode.pdf

MSA5T0705A143677 Clear Memory Mode.pdf

MSA5T0705A143678 Tire Pressure Warning Light Trouble Indicator Light Illumination Pattern.pdf

MSA5T0705A143679 List of Diagnostic Trouble Code DTC.pdf

MSA5T0705A143680 Diagnostic Procedure with Diagnostic Trouble Code DTC.pdf

MSA5T0705A143681 General Diagnostic Table.pdf

Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Hopefully someone smarter then most of us can figure it out.

Think I'll put a link to this thread in the 4th gen forum, might get more exposure there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

is it just a light that comes on? or is there a chime also ?

looks like you can un plug the unit

could you try that and let me know what ill effects it may cause

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

It's just a light.

I'll have to find to TPM box... and pull the plug.

But I need to put the brakes back together on my 05 first.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Disconnecting the TPMS computer won't work. The computer is connected to the BIU and it expects an alternating voltage (0 and 5) to keep the light off. Someone over on Nasioc did the research and built a circuit board to disable the light.

If you want to run two sets of sensors, your best bets are to either buy the ATEQ tool or a second TPMS computer. I went the the second computer a few years back because the ATEQ tool did not exist at the time:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tpms-ran-two-sets-wheels-no-light-108338.html

The ATEQ IMO would be the easiest thing to do right now.

Don't know the inner workings of Subie TPMS sensors,but a guy i know with a Tacoma truck did this to get around his sensor hate.

He fabricated an air tight cylinder out of PVC pipe. One end cap has a schrader valve installed. Removed sensors from his wheels,wrapped and packed them all into this cylinder and sealed it up. He then airs up the cylinder to 30psi and leaves the thing behind his seat. No TPMS warning lights ever,so he tells me.

Archived