LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: 08/09 Front Lip

I'm recently talking with a company who can built a front lip from the ground up for our 08/09.

It will be made of high quality fiberglass. It will probably be a multi piece design because we all know how much it cost to ship something that big.

If there is enough interests, we will see a prototype by this November, and production will start beginning of December 2011 or early 2012.

Estimated Price Range: Will be under $300.

Most people just get the ebay lip and do a little trim for 60 something bucks...

this is what i did

^ Yes, I do understand that some will get the wrx lip and hack it. This is be lip made for the LGT, not the eBay one.

IMO most people wouldnt want to spend close to $300 on a front lip. The lip for the 06-07 WRX off ebay works great.

You are more than welcome to try and have this made but again i think its going to be more trouble for you than its worth

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Yea $300 is a bit pricey when there are many low-cost alternatives.

SOmebody link me to a 06-07 wrx lip... Is it a STI-limited replica or something like that?

this is the one i got about a month ago. It is still not on the car yet as i have been lazy but it will go on soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&item=220764811487

it looks like its made well and it was worth the $ IMO (asian lady not included, some assembly required, member FDIC, equal housing lender)

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Can they make it out of polyurethane instead?

Fiberglass is obviously a better material but its harder to paint and more expensive.

I personally rather buy five $60 WRX PU Lips for $300 that bend and take more damage than one $300 fiberglass Lip that will shatter with any kind of impact.

For $300 i would just ask Rommel for a quality RBS lip that many other of us have.

I had the RBS lip. This one will look better and will be higher quality than the RBS. RBS fitment was not even good. The holes didn't line up and the wings scratch my bumper.

Can they make it out of polyurethane instead?

Fiberglass is obviously a better material but its harder to paint and more expensive.

I personally rather buy five $60 WRX PU Lips for $300 that bend and take more damage than one $300 fiberglass Lip that will shatter with any kind of impact.

Well, I was seeing if there is enough interest for a company to make one for us. I guess we are running into problems already, all of you prefer $60 WRX lip instead. I do understand that cost will be higher, but you get what you paid for right?

Well, I was seeing if there is enough interest for a company to make one for us. I guess we are running into problems already, all of you prefer $60 WRX lip instead. I do understand that cost will be higher, but you get what you paid for right?

Not always. A $60 ebay WRX lip has proven sturdy and reliable, and all it takes is a little trimming to make it fit. What kind of improvement can another $240 really get us.

I think most of us prefer the cheaper ebay lip. There are plenty of other things I'd buy before I dropped almost $300 on a lip.

Archived