LegacyGT.com

Electrical problems

Ok, I had to weld the bumper support on my frame and am having some problems. I read up and almost everybody said to unhook the battery which I did. But after welding, the power windows, sun roof, gauges, and heater and A/C fan doesn't work. I checked the fuses and replaced two but I couldn't find any fuses for the above problems. Is there a third fusebox I can't find somewhere? Sorry for being such a newb:rolleyes:

• I Donated

NOOB!!!!!!! lol jk its all good.

There is only the box in the cab and the one under the hood.

Pull EVERY fuse regardless of what you thinks its for and check the condition of it.

As well, in the fuse box under the hood there is a fusible link that controls all the accessories. Ive blown it before and it was interesting to diagnose lol. Its a green box looking thingy. One is for the ECU and one is for the accessories.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Where the fusible link should be it is just a wire to connect them and all of the fuses including the green 30a box ones are fine. Also, my alternator is not working so and it is just running off the battery. I don't even know where to start with electrical crap besides taking the alternator to get tested. How would I diagnose the accessory stuff?

• I Donated
Is the charging system light in your gauge cluster on? Does it work when you first turn on the car. If this light is blown, your alternator wont work

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
A fusible link should only blow if there is a short in the wiring harness somewhere....but if your accessory fusible link blew, NONE of your accessories would work at all...except for your headlights and brake lights

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

A fusible link should only blow if there is a short in the wiring harness somewhere....but if your accessory fusible link blew, NONE of your accessories would work at all...except for your headlights and brake lights
Ok, so if it did blow, should I just replace that wire which is jumping the two connections??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived