LegacyGT.com

snapped a sway

Just today after some ruff back road driving and slideways i got back on tar and heard so random grinding. got out looking for the worst and found my swag dragging on the ground lol. broke right at the bushing.

sadly i dont notice a differences in handleing.

so look to replace it and upgrade cost one from subaru probaly cost more anyway.

now that rallitek dont sell them what should i pick up? i always wanted the 160 dollar ralli tek one. now what.

pics later

• I Donated
yes that one. it says 1 available....regardless, I have already spoken with them and they said they will make more when they run out

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Just today after some ruff back road driving and slideways i got back on tar and heard so random grinding. got out looking for the worst and found my swag dragging on the ground lol. broke right at the bushing.

sadly i dont notice a differences in handling

pics later

HAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

I did the exact same thing with mine, you must've really been going at it though because I heard my snap. It was dragging on the ground and it broke just outside the bushing. I also didnt notice anymore body roll than I had before...

When I finally replace mine I'm going with a Whiteline 22mm adjustable. Is there any particular reason You're all talking about RaliteK?

i could order it tonight. but id rather get my block bored to 100mm and cleaned.

I hope by that post you meant you really weren't going to buy them right away...

...because I might have just impulse-purchased a front and rear sway bar...

...u no be mad ok? :redface:

yea i dont give a damn. and wow 350 a head.. im just giving them the heads with the spings and valves.

and the head is a hydralic valve lash head so is it a big deal if i put the buckets in different locations?

... if not my other engine has heads i could use. but that is the shim over bucket design....

So I just received my new Rallitek front and rear sways. The rear is adjustable, so I'm wondering what people have found to be a good setup? The front will be an upgrade from the stock 20mm to 22mm, so that should be a nice boost. The rear will be going from stock 18mm to 22mm on the lowest setting, so I'm thinking that alone should probably be enough to make a marked difference AND make a slight impact on the stock understeering tendency. (Considering the new mounts and rear endlinks should stiffen things up too.)

What have others found to be a good setup? I know I can get under the car and adjust it but I'm curious what others have found works well?

• I Donated

There isn't really a "one size fits all" answer for this.

Start out on the 22mm setting...and see how it feels for a few days...then adjust it stiffer and drive for a few more days, then do a final adjustment to 25mm or w/e the highest setting is...

You won't really know whats best until you try out each one. And the answers you get about this will probably vary quite a bit.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ok. One other question, can these things be removed while the suspension is loaded? Meaning can I just drive the car up on ramps and do the swap? Also, is it possible to get the front sway bar out without dismantling anything? The rear looks like there's enough room to probably figure something out but there's a lot going on in the front end...

Archived