LegacyGT.com

Code 100 - MAF

A month ago when my son got the car I cleaned the MAF with MAF spray. He came home last night, parked the car, it was running fine.

This morning I was going to use it and it would not keep idling, the AT dash light was coming on and it threw a code. It would not move without stalling.

Checked the code and it was P100 - a MAF code.

1. I checked the air cleaner and it was fine and new
  2. Looked for restrictions in the intake running to the air cleaner and it was fine.
  3. So I took the MAF out sprayed it well with MAF cleaner, sprayed the connector and put it back together.

It now runs fine. Wonder what miffed my MAF? Weird event and wouldn't have been a good event if it happened while away from home.

Wonder why...any ideas?

What kind of air filter are you using? Is it an oiled filter, like a k&n? I have heard that they can put a coating on the MAF and cause many problems. Also you may so some reason have oil in the intake tube/box that could cause the same issue.

I'm going to take a wait and see on this one. Prices for a new MAF range from $65 to $295.

Maybe all the cleaning of the intake allowed something to go backward to the MAF element.

Replace the mass air flow sensor?

Regular filter.

What kind of air filter are you using? Is it an oiled filter, like a k&n? I have heard that they can put a coating on the MAF and cause many problems. Also you may so some reason have oil in the intake tube/box that could cause the same issue.

Archived