LegacyGT.com

it is worth it

is it worth it to fix up that turbo i picked up? its a t3/t4 and a te04. its brand is turbocharge.

i can get it for free damn near

it needs a rebuild

and some threads over tapped/time serts.

another thing... it has just one set of lines. just a big 10mm nipple and a smaller 3mm between the two sides of the turbo.

do some turbos not have coolant lines?

what kinda spool and boost does a turbo this size produce with a 2.5

my buddys cant run it on their 1.8's and 2.0 and said its even kinda big for my car...

• I Donated

Its very similar to the TD04 that Subaru uses.

If thats the case, its probably not even worth rebuilding because you can buy an actual TD04 for about $50 - $100 used.

The EJ205 (2002 - 2004) WRX comes with the TD04 stock. I don't know what kind of power you can get on a TD04 with a 2.5 block...but I know on the 2.0 blocks you can get up to about 250 to the wheels.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

depending if you run FMIC or TMIC, you will get between 2700rpms and 3300 rpms on your spool up....and a TD04 will run at 17psi with a boost controller.

Stock wastegate pressure on them is 5pis....

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Engines do not suck air. This is a common misconception. Air moves into an engine because of pressure change. It's how air moves anywhere, such as how the wind blows.

Air moves into an engine because the pressure inside the combustion chamber is at a MUCH lower pressure than the air that is outside of it, and the pressure want to move towards equilibrium, which is the normal atmospheric pressure inside and outside of the combustion chamber.

Standard atmospheric pressure at sea level is just a fraction under 15 psi

When you put a turbo on the motor, it will create it's own atmosphere on top of the standard. And matter what size the engine is, it will still created the same amount of boost within the intake system before the combustion chamber.

When the valves open to the combustion chamber all of that pressurized gets forced into the combustion chamber. And because the turbo is still creating boost, it will keep the PSI at a constant number at every given moment as long as it is already spooled up enough to keep the pressure up inside and outside of the combustion chamber.

So the only difference engine size would make, it the rpms at which the turbo creates full boost. Hence the reason it takes a turbo until a higher rpm to create full boost in a FMIC system as there is more volume to fill at any giver instance

also, the exhaust design from the exhaust ports to the turbo can make a huge difference on how quickly a turbo will spool up. I won't go into that now though, because I'm tired of typing haha

There are so many different variables to think about when putting a turbo on an engine and trying to get the maximum potential out of whatever turbo you have.

^^thats what im talking about.. bigger engine needs more air. turbo cant keep up and the psi drops in the intake.

i know a given turbo can only make so much boost but if the volume your boosting is haveing the air drawn out faster then the turbo can supply it you have lower boost pressure. not cfm. just psi

Also, the EJ25 can flow more CFM than the TD04 can supply, so it runns out of boost in the upper RPM range, I've read

That's not true.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived