LegacyGT.com

steering problem

last day when I came home from work I felt my steering was hard to turn...I tought I had a flat tire so I put some air in all 4 and it was good

so I went back to work with it and check the fluid level and its good...the color too

there are no drip on the street under my car...

when I drive it...its hard to turn at first and it don't come back by itself after the turn so I have to turn it back straight...

its feeling like a non power steering car but in the both way of turning and letting go...i'm not sure if i'm clear on that part but anyway...loll

the pump is turning easily(bearing is ok) and the strap is clean and in good condition...

could it be the steering rack that has a clogged fluid line that won't let the fluid go back and forth easily? or can it be anything else worse...loll

• I Donated

First thing I would check is your alignment.

The reason I say this is because your wheel isn't straightening back up. Even if your power steering wasn't working at all, the wheel should straighten up by its self (for the most part) after a turn. If you have severe alignment problems, it will stay turned.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

thank you brok...I will make it check this weekend...its getting ridiculous right now...I turn the wheel under acceleration and its almost blocked(straight or turned) but when decelerating its free...

there's also a weird thing like turning the steering half a turn and it block...half a turn more and it block again...all the way to full turn of the wheel and then it does the same thing going all the way to the opposite side...anyway

i'll start with the alignment since it has to be done because I replace the rear spindle on both side...I'll make it check the front at the same time

Archived