• Last Reply
  • Mega Users

Hmmmmm

End result of increasing boost:

Normal person: go faster!

You: drive casually

Normal person: bump the redline!

You: keep calm

Normal Person: I got my A/F, timing, ignition sequence, MAF scaling tuned! Now I'm going to go have fun!

You: I turned up my boost, but be careful not to use it lest you break anything...

So now explain to us how and why solely increasing your boost accomplishes anything

Hmmmmm

End result of increasing boost:

Normal person: go faster!

You: drive casually

Normal person: bump the redline!

You: keep calm

Normal Person: I got my A/F, timing, ignition sequence, MAF scaling tuned! Now I'm going to go have fun!

You: I turned up my boost, but be careful not to use it lest you break anything...

So now explain to us how and why solely increasing your boost accomplishes anything

Makes sense your right. Once again i drive hard when i wanted to but not every time, even now im stage 1 but oh well, when i wasnt i drove hard when i wanted to race for a shrt distance. I didnt drive hard everytime i jumped in the car does that make sense? Just bc u turn the boost up doesnt mean wow i can drive redline every gear now. Unless you drive like that than i would understand not turning up the boost.

^ i know what you mean .. if you do short bursts of power yes but if you hold the pedal to the floor for 5 min your gonna have a problem !

so yes casubual drive its kinda fine but your playing with matches while standing in a feild of gas. thats why the people don't like that idea.

it costs a lot to fix a subaru engine so people like to play on the safe side.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Plus, why up the boost if you are just going to "casually drive"? Should have bought an N/A if you don't care.

Just because you CAN, doesn't always mean you SHOULD.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

^ well running lean the power is very high so it feels good for quick spools just to feel the pull.

and since speed limits make it so you can't have it floored for more than 3 seconds there is no time for piston melting.

but some one recomending to someone else to do somthing half assed is also kinda bad. what if this person put on a manual boost controler and then burned his engine ? because he might have a long hill or pulling a trailer .. or or or ..

he is then out anywhere from 1k-5k$

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

lol i dont get it? Ive had a few friends do this and its been about 2 years and not one problem. I did it and logged it and it was perfect. There wasnt no knock or anything. Thats why i said safely 16psi. ECU does well to maintain a good A/F ratio. But i guess not everyone is the same.

double negative ftw

Archived