LegacyGT.com

JDM headlight mod?????

I know that if you hold your switch at the point just before it clicks over and keeps the high beam on with my USDM lights, all of the lights (lows, highs, parks, fogs) are on..

so maybe there is some way to keep the contacts for the lows, fogs, and parks connected while also connecting the contacts for the highs

but I'm not sure modding the switch like that is very good for the electrical system

• I Donated

The problem is that if you bridge them together...they will both run constantly, no matter if you have it on hi or low beams

WAIT....

You could put in line diodes and bride them together. That way low beam power won't go to high beams, but high beam power will go to the low beams....just bridge the two together with an in line diode.

Problem solved

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

You could put in line diodes and bride them together. That way low beam power won't go to high beams, but high beam power will go to the low beams....just bridge the two together with an in line diode.

that's pretty much what I was thinking but I'm not sure that loading up the electrics like that is good.. I'm just not sure

• I Donated
If you're running HIDs you should be just fine if you wire in a battery harness to the HIDs. This way the stock wiring won't be overloaded.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

great, now I have another project I want to do..

lol. Im looking at my wiring diagrams and it may be just as easy as slapping a diode between the high and low power wires. Gonna head to my electrical store in the morning and try it out. Wish me luck.

If you're running HIDs you should be just fine if you wire in a battery harness to the HIDs. This way the stock wiring won't be overloaded.

By battery harness do you mean a wire from the battery + to the ballast?

• I Donated
By battery harness do you mean a wire from the battery + to the ballast?

kind of. you can buy a haress off of ebay for cheap that gives you better power and ground. its specifically meant for cars that have poor wiring.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I have it so I can keep my low, hid's, high hid beams, and my fogs on all at the same time, i wired my fogs to my turn signal constants then used my fog light switch for the high beams. i think this is how i did it.

you all have to excuse me im a lil tipsy at the moment but tomrrow I will correct my ways!

• 4 months later...

Archived