LegacyGT.com

valve cover gaskets

Was just looking at jamaha51's post on headgasket replacement and remebered my valve cover gaskets are leaking slightly.

i cant think its too bad.....probably just tight to get in there. just wanted to know if im gonna run up against any unforseen things. just looking at it today the rear bottom on the drivers side looks like a PITA....any suggestions?

god the valve cover on my '66 mustang took me 5 mins lol

• I Donated
Just use a 10 or 12mm gear wrench....I think its 10mm iirc. Sometimes a socket and ratchet is too think to fit in there. If you have gear wrenches the job is actually pretty easy

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Pull the engine... lol.. will take you 10 minutes to prep to pull it. then like 4 to 10 to change the gaskets then 10 to 20 to drop it back in. LOL. I did a complete engine swap in 5 hours. had to change some parts from old engine to new. so you can do that very fast!

haha ya your talking to a guy thats use to working on old muscle v8's. i can pull my '66's in an afternoon....this one has way more electronic and vacuum lines lol. also its my DD so i need it otherwise i would in a heartbeat...pretty sure the guy who rebuilt my engine was an idiot

yup.....always loved '66. got her when i was 17.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/longlive289s/IMG_0655.jpg

25 now and still so much to do. ran outta money so shes been sitting for a couple years....guess my forum name makes more sense now lol

Archived