LegacyGT.com

Noise in cabin

alaskajoel

Alright--

So a little while ago, I had the rear passenger side wheel bearing replaced at the dealership. My cabin was quiet for about a month, and then a similar noise came back. I was pretty sure It was coming from the rear, and assumed it to be the driver side bearing.

Yesterday I replaced the driver-side wheel bearing, but the problem is still there! I'm still thinking the sound is coming from the rear of the vehicle, but perhaps I'm wrong.

To diagnose after the install, I took a twisty, scenic drive and noticed that when banking right at 50+ MPH the sound goes away. (body rolls to the left, or driver side and the passenger side suspension becomes more uncompressed).

Does this indicate the problem is on the passenger side of the car? If so, would the dealer possibly just have found a way to 'lube up' the rear bearing to reduce the cost of having to replace the whole hub? What else could make this sound?

all of the exhausts stored in your trunk are just rolling around in there. What are you up to now, something like 4 spare TBE's???

Good luck with that!

They're like my children! :redface: Unfortunetly, my wife doesn't feel the same way:lol: In my own defense, two of them I've only had for less than a month.

I should also say, the dealership that 'fixed' the rear wheel bearing also replaced a front CV boot. In the process of taking the axle out, and back in, they fubar'd the axle seal, and to this day won't fess up to it. Maybe they're just incompetent.

Archived