LegacyGT.com

Need a clutch, which to get??

nsrt4me

I thought my clutch was starting to slip, but wasnt that bad so I ignored it. yesterday, i did a drop to 4th to pass on the hw, and the car went no where. Did a few tests, clutch was slipping bad. Even in 3rd gear it slips hard when i try to accelerate any more than normal.

As of now my car is stock, however, i will be going stage 2 very soon, so i need a clutch that can handle the torque and abuse, along with daily driving. later down the road I plan on going bigger turbo (hta68) so it would be nice to get a clutch that would work for stg 2 and down the road.

What clutch do you guys recommend for stage 2 power, that can take a bit of moderate launching, and DD?

Im looking between the clutchmasters fx200 and fx300 right now, I like the exedy stg 2+ but dont know anyone that runs exedy personally.

Thanks.

Search in this forum. I have one of the first Spec 2+ and at 74,000 mile it still love it. Its a high perfromce clutch, no doubt it. It's a bit harder to push in then my 09 SpecB with the OEM clutch. But I don't find it bad in traffic.

It will chatter a bit when it's damp out, but I have found that if I just side step the clutch in neutral the chatter stops.

The clutch has seen abruse and still hooks up like new.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived