LegacyGT.com

Code 400 and PID results

I am still hunting the intermittent code 400. I use my code reader freeze frame but am not confident to read the results (internet helped somewhat)

DTC 400

Load % 25.1

ETC 198F

Shrtft1 .8%

Longft1 5.5%

MAP 20.70

RPM 2150

VSS 41 MPH

From what I have read is that short term fuel trim may be @ 25% of long term fuel trim. I am at 15%...not sure if that make much difference because from what I've read short term fluctuates.

Is there anything that points to a reason for DTC 400?

I've used my vacuum gauge and the inches are fine, there is a teeny, tiny bit of needle jitter. Maybe time to break out the propane for vac leak checking?

I don't need a State inspection until June 2012 and have time to get this cleared up. In fact I don't think they would even attach a code reader because the car is a 1995. According to the law, only cars after 1995 need to have a code reader attached and 1995 and below is just a visual inspection.

• I Donated

95 and below probably gets visual and a gas reading.

Whats the condition of your EGR valve. I've heard some people getting good results with EGR cleaner, so you may want to try that.

Your freeze frame data may not be 100% accurate. All of those numbers fluctuate quite some bit while you're driving around, so the best thing to do is look at the live data streams while someone else is driving and see what the numbers are doing. Your fuel trims will be different depending on how much you're on the gas, what kind of load you're putting on the engine, etc

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I don't think my little cheep little old code reader doesn't do live.

My EGR valve is nice, clean, no sticking and holds vac. The only thing I have yet to do is replace the gasket. I have a new one, maybe I should do it?

Yep visual and a gas cap checkup.

95 and below probably gets visual and a gas reading.

Whats the condition of your EGR valve. I've heard some people getting good results with EGR cleaner, so you may want to try that.

Your freeze frame data may not be 100% accurate. All of those numbers fluctuate quite some bit while you're driving around, so the best thing to do is look at the live data streams while someone else is driving and see what the numbers are doing. Your fuel trims will be different depending on how much you're on the gas, what kind of load you're putting on the engine, etc

Archived