LegacyGT.com

Opportunity For Bumper Upgrade

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the rear bumper from an outback wagon will not fit on the sedan

the rear bumper from an outback sedan will fit on your sedan, but good luck finding one. honestly, I would just stick with the stock rear bumper.

I have the exact same '96 LGT as you, and even the same color.

I did damage to the front end of my car and picked up a bunch of parts to swap in an outback front bumper.

parts you will need to properly do the swap are:

front bumper cover (obviously)

grille

bumper support bar

impact foam

fiberglass impact beam

and of course, you'll need the foglights

also, if you're willing to sell me your damaged front bumper, grille, and the support bar I would really appreciate it as I really want to fix the damage to my front end but don't have enough money to paint the OB bumper yet and having one blemish on the front of my car would not bug me one bit.

I don't need the grey lip that Jab wants, just the blue bumper itself

:D I was fixing to be upset. then i read the last bit of the post. LOL. Kenny if he takes the lip off and you buy the bumper. you may wanna buy a lil bit of fiber glass. to clean the bottom off. I dont know how it'll look after he cuts it off.

lol. thats awesome. so what do you guys think when i go to put the lip on. should i cut mine off or just attach the gt lip to the bottom of it. and just smooth it out so it all looks like one piece??

There was a honda bumper that i liked and i have seem someone who has merged to bumpers together lol. the bottom half was also smaller then the top. which went to that car. was pretty cool. :D lol

IF you do the front remember to get the beam behind it.

Thanks for the tip. I called our local campbell nelson subaru dealer. They have a wrecking yard out in Arlington, WA next to the local airport and he quoted me $200 just for the cover but they didn't have any.

When I told him I wanted the cover and beam he quoted me $400 for the whole assembly.

I don't what he was smokin:spin: but that seems pretty high for a junkyard part.

:D I was fixing to be upset. then i read the last bit of the post. LOL. Kenny if he takes the lip off and you buy the bumper. you may wanna buy a lil bit of fiber glass. to clean the bottom off. I dont know how it'll look after he cuts it off.

Your just itching to get this lip aren't you :lol:

also, if you're willing to sell me your damaged front bumper, grille, and the support bar I would really appreciate it as I really want to fix the damage to my front end but don't have enough money to paint the OB bumper yet and having one blemish on the front of my car would not bug me one bit.

I don't need the grey lip that Jab wants, just the blue bumper itself

Thanks for the parts list. I think we can work something out. Jab? Who's Jab? Anyway, are you going to use your outback bumper parts?

PM me to see what we can work out.

Archived