LegacyGT.com

08 Spec B Humming noise

eurolatin33

So i just got this car and discovered a humming/vibration while switch lanes or long sweeping towards the left.

I took it to a mechanic and they mention that my inner tie rod is gone.

They did a test with the vehicle on the ground, they rocked the wheel back an forth at 9 and 3 oclock and 12. There was obvious play on the wheel, then they went around grabbed the inner tie rod and it did the same thing, so they pin pointed the problem to the inner tie rod. I ordered a new inner tie rod and nothing same vibration was there.

i went and researched, and found that it could have been CV, but there are no rips and no clicking noise while turning. Then i read about the LCA, but again no cracks (that i can see) and all bushings seem to be ok. We just replaced the inner tier rod, could it be the outer?

Anyways im taking it back to them tomorrow, in hopes that they will be able to help me further, kinda wanted your guys/gals input on this ....

+1 or +2 on the wheel bearings...my rears got loud all of a sudden. parked the car after getting off highway no noise. get back on highway after getting a bite to eat and then a noise and vibration felt through my seat, nothing in steering wheel. gets real smooth and quiet when i change lanes briskly to the left...

does this sound familiar? wheel bearings...

Archived