LegacyGT.com

CEL Codes

I have had a full 3" turbo-back exhaust system installed on my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited and have had a Check Engine light on for a month or so now. The two codes read: P2096: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1, and P0139: Rear o2 Sensor Slow Response. If anyone can help me fix this it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sounds like you need to replace your rear O2 sensor. I think I happen to have a spare one for a 05 if you need. I think it's the orginal one. I wouldn't want to much much money for it.

But I think the new one I got was like $80.00 and the dealer one I'm using was like $125.00. I have the aftermarket (80.00) one in my OEM DP.

I found out it was my front one that was bad.

They are easy to replace as long as you have the right socket and some PB Blaster and anti-sieze compund for the new one. That is as long as some moron didn't over tighten the one that's in there.

Hint, I place a hose clamp around the O2 socket before I try and break the sensor loose. The clamp helps hold the socket closed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

Archived