LegacyGT.com

Head light Annoyance Need suggestions

So I was driving home at 5am in the rain today and noticed that my headlights suck I've already done a restore kit on them and I'm guessing it "wore off" which doesn't make much since because I've only owned the car since April and already replaced the headlights bulbs with a set of Sylvania XtraVision®, which helped but I'm looking for a new set of lights because going 50mph+ down winding Back roads with horrible lights is getting to be a little mind numbing. Anyone got any suggestions on how i can fix my headlight lenses and what kind of lights would work the best for direct insert. Ty

Fyi I live in a apartments and don't have access to air tools or a power drill (mine finally died)

• I Donated

I wetsanded the hell out of mine with 2000 grit sandpaper (soaking the sandpaper is soapy water). It took about 6 hours because I had spray tint on mine but they came out pretty good. After sanding, I used the turtle wax headlight restorer kit.

Your best off taking the lights OFF of the car to do this.

Another option to look into is aftermarket HID kits. They are bright as hell

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Another option to look into is aftermarket HID kits. They are bright as hell

But the reflectors are all wrong for that type of light. You'll end up with worse lights, despite them being brighter.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i have done several sets of these over the last couple of years. they look absolutely new when you are done.

but i have found that they ''re-cloud'' pretty quickly, about a year, unless you use a sealer of some sort. most recently i used one by maquires because of a ''buy this get that'' free. it hasn't been long so i don't know how well it lasts.

but almost any sealer, even turtle wax, will help it last longer.

Surprised no one mentioned the JDM headlight swap. The swap along with changing the beam pattern over to right hand drive and bulbs from danielsternlighting made a vast improvement and my USDM ones had been "professionally" cleared.

• I Donated

HIDs in reflectors actually work really good...they just blind other drivers.

The proper way to do the HIDs is with the JDM projectors....however if this dude has no other option, he may have to do that

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

HIDs in reflectors actually work really good...they just blind other drivers.

The proper way to do the HIDs is with the JDM projectors....however if this dude has no other option, he may have to do that

I've looked into a set of HID they are 110 so not a options right now but soon and i have never been able to find the jdm lights

• I Donated

$110?

Look a little harder! $110 is a complete rip off! I have always used cheap ebay kits and NEVER had a problem. If I don't feel like waiting for a kit in the mail, I can buy them locally for $40

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Conversion-kit-9003-9006-H4-3000k-5000k-8000k-6000k-/250591425521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5869b3f1#ht_3665wt_1101

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

$110?

Look a little harder! $110 is a complete rip off! I have always used cheap ebay kits and NEVER had a problem. If I don't feel like waiting for a kit in the mail, I can buy them locally for $40

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Conversion-kit-9003-9006-H4-3000k-5000k-8000k-6000k-/250591425521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5869b3f1#ht_3665wt_1101

I never even thought of looking on ebay lol The ones u posted are a better price then the Sylvania SilverStar® ULTRA that i was gonna get, how hard are they to install? because im not good at doin rewiring

• I Donated

They are not hard at all to install. There are millions of DIY guides online if you have trouble.

I suggest getting the 6000k color temp. Anything above that is too blue.

With that being said, HIDs will be even better if you get yourself some JDM projectors, or do a projector retrofit on your current lights. Putting HIDs in your stock lights will be an annoyance for other drivers on the road, because your light pattern will be different.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

They are not hard at all to install. There are millions of DIY guides online if you have trouble.

I suggest getting the 6000k color temp. Anything above that is too blue.

With that being said, HIDs will be even better if you get yourself some JDM projectors, or do a projector retrofit on your current lights. Putting HIDs in your stock lights will be an annoyance for other drivers on the road, because your light pattern will be different.

Well Im thinking i might buy the HID and put them in for a while then buy the JDM Headlights and install them because I cant afford the JDMs yet but do want them

jesus thats a rip off!

8000k will be pretty blue. unless you're trying to get a blue colored look, don't go above 6000k

Im not i dont think it will look good with my green car im leaning to these for the duel bulbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-9003-Hi-Lo-Bi-Xenon-Telescopic-HID-Conversion-Kit-6K-/180473468636?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a050e96dc#ht_6752wt_939

It's 65 bucks for a bi xenon set anyways. Get more for your money. And I use my high beams on dark roads and it does help.

So not sure how you "wont need highbeams"

Dang ur just across the river from me and I might go with the Dual beams just encase its only a extra 30 dollars

I run a 55W/5K DDMTuning.com HID Kit in my 98.

I would/did opt for the Battery Harness (Dual-In/Dual-Out). Basically all you need to do is connect the Harness Directly to your Battery, unplug the Headlight Harnesses, and Plug it in the Kit Harnesses. Hardest Part is tucking the wires up neatly, and finding a good spot to Mount the Ballasts (Which Stick Down with 3M Tape).... You'll see it's really pretty Fool-Proof:p

$85 shipped to your door...

I didn't bother with the Hi/Lo Kit..... Trust me you won't need the High Beams.:)

• I Donated
I'm blind as a bat at night. When I'm using stock lights, I'm always turning on the hibeams. However, I've never felt like I've needed them when using HIDs.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived