LegacyGT.com

Want some advice on what i have been told.

Hi guys im Dave from NZ.

I have a 2004 LGT Manual. Now over in nz we only have the 2L single turbos in that model.

So its an ej20t.

Now the thing is this mate i no has told me not to waste my time on doing my car up.

Below is the convo that i had with him.

He has done the following to his car.

1996 wagon (was NON STI)

sti v4

fully forgded

275 degree lumpy cams

forgy acr bearings con rods

wisco forgy pistons

2.5 litr crank

shaft

to much to list

link g4

two 500 fuel pumps

nah

all ra sti running gear

5 puk brss button clutch

i said to him im just thinking wht i should do 2 my car..

He said

not worth it to be onest bro

those legacy are kaka

for performance

u need the 3litr out of the sti leagacy single turb wagon

2006 shape

Is he correct and would his car be fast? im new to subbies so please advise

Hi Dave. Welcome.

Your mate is full of it.

1) There has never been a 3-liter turbo.

2) The EJ20 is a fine engine to make some power out of.

Something doesn't add up with his car. If it's got a 2.5L crank, then it's 2.35L not 2.2L. The STi never came with a 2.2L, unless it was a 22B (which his isn't, and he doesn't have the motor from).

Just follow the normal formula. Exhaust and tune, then see if you want more out of it or not.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

He has done the following to his car.

1996 wagon (was NON STI)

sti v4

fully forgded

275 degree lumpy cams

forgy acr bearings con rods

wisco forgy pistons

2.5 litr crank

shaft

to much to list

link g4

two 500 fuel pumps

nah

all ra sti running gear

5 puk brss button clutch

:orly:

Stroker, is the term used for increasing the stroke of the engine. So at least he has that right.

BAC5.2 knows his stuff, listen to what he say's.

Read more on here and you can learn a lot, I'm sure there are guy's here that can link you to other forums about your car and doing mods to it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Like everyone has said you can make good power with our motors... He didn't say anything about this but it is true our 5 speed trannies arent the best they aren't the worst either though. The best option would be 6 speed or you could PPG your gears. That's money though. As for the block you could see good power but at a certain point the stock blow will fail (this is obvious) so you could do build on our motors. The point is our motors are just fine it's almost the same thing as an sti motor(correct me if I'm wrong) but without forged pistons (and of course the 6 speed)

I'll leave the post but just reread you're from nz not sure about your cars and this is 2005-2009 forum right??

Like everyone has said you can make good power with our motors... He didn't say anything about this but it is true our 5 speed trannies arent the best they aren't the worst either though. The best option would be 6 speed or you could PPG your gears. That's money though. As for the block you could see good power but at a certain point the stock blow will fail (this is obvious) so you could do build on our motors. The point is our motors are just fine it's almost the same thing as an sti motor(correct me if I'm wrong) but without forged pistons (and of course the 6 speed)

I'll leave the post but just reread you're from nz not sure about your cars and this is 2005-2009 forum right??

If it's in NZ, then it's a JDM import most likely. Their BL/BP model years started in 04 (our 2005 model year).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived