LegacyGT.com

wynns assorted treatments

My stealership offers a wynns feul injection service. Its supposed to clean injectors/ cumbistion chamber all that good stuff.

My question is: for 119$ would I be better off buying a can of seafoam and giving m y engine the ol reliable method or is the dealership on to something with this wynn nonsense?

Just rolled 80k. I realized instead of posting this rather stupid question and taking up precious board space I should just googled the stuff. Well I did, seems like the same thing as seafoam. Its a pretty new car to me I wanna make sure im getting the most (of what its meager potential is) out of my motor. What would you guys reccomend for a service at my mileage? Im assuming she's never seen a proper full service so im leaning forwards taking it to the dealer and getting the works

Just rolled 80k. I realized instead of posting this rather stupid question and taking up precious board space I should just googled the stuff. Well I did, seems like the same thing as seafoam. Its a pretty new car to me I wanna make sure im getting the most (of what its meager potential is) out of my motor. What would you guys reccomend for a service at my mileage? Im assuming she's never seen a proper full service so im leaning forwards taking it to the dealer and getting the works

Ive got 91k on my 09 2.5i services that have been done thus far:

Spark plugs x 3

Diff fluid x 3

Accessory belts x 1

Air filters (cabin and intake) X 5

Up next are:

Timing belt

Water Pump

Coolant flush

Plugs Wires Coil

Spark tube seals/ Valve cover gaskets

Clean MAF

So yes if the dealer has a special on the "works" maintenance I would spring for it if you are not comfortable with doing it yourself. The one thing I may get done is the TB and valve adjustments

Wynns Supreme oil treatment is the best product they make. Amazing stuff. I use it as assembly lube building engines and during break-in. NAPA stores sell this stuff now. I use it in everything, lawn tractor, generator, even a dab in my 2 stroke oil mixes.

As far as injectors, side feeds will get dirty and shitty spray patterns even using high detergent gas. The only way to properly clean them is send them out. I had a cyl 4 misfire, I did a fuel system cleaning and used Techron in two full tanks with no results. I replaced the injectors and it idles so smooth I can't tell it's running! If your not having a driveability problem I wouldn't bother with fuel system treatments. Even then, it probably wont work on side feeds if you have those. IIRC, you have top feeds anyway.

I never thought about a valve adjustment.. that is a good idea though. I do have a slight tick. Its only bad when the motor is under a good load( accelerating, going up hills) makes me think I could have an exhaust Manny leak? Im hoping its not a bad valvetrain issue cause I have other things id rather spend that much $$$ on.

I've used and continue to use pour in gasoline treatments. Don't know that they work and sorta laugh at myself for buying the snake oil. I've had problems after running the stuff too. One time it loosened so much gunk, it clogged the filter. The car was running fine before putting it in too. Sometimes I laugh at myself for being so gullible and creating more problems for myself.

Archived