LegacyGT.com

Weird Rev Issues (Legit issue this time)

Ohitsspencer

Yeah I never had hesitation with stage 2, just had the rev stalling. I will get my heat shield installed in the morning, and I will get a tune done by TrueTune next month. Does anyone know what the thread is for the bolts to install the heat shield. I actually purchased the shield from keith, but never received the hardware.

You can use the bolts that came with the stock heat shield (if you have it). They were 10mm, but I don't know what thread they were. They were short though.

In the meantime, I suggest putting your Cobb Stage 2 map back on the car. You don't want to run a stock tune on Stg2 hardware for long.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and the chance of all 3 of us having mechanical issues are very slim.

Actually, that's not true at all. Given that to use an OTS Stage 2 map the physical work done has to be relatively similar, it's not at all odd that all 3 of you might have similar mechanical issues. All it takes is knocking one vacuum line loose while doing the downpipe or something.

I had the stock "hesitation" on my 08, both stock, stage1, and stage2 with OTS. It is *nothing* like what he's experiencing here. It was just a very brief hiccup right as the car kind of hit peak load. Turned out to be knock (minor), was easily seen with a datalog, and was easily corrected when I got my protune.

What he's showing here is something far more major, but datalogs would be the best bet to see what's going on.

Contact Cobb!

I think I attached a datalog that I ran, but didn't really know what it did. Maybe you guys can decipher something. I didn't get it to do the rev issue though, because it was before I thought it was an issue.

Your dynamic advance (IAM) is at .62 when it should be at 1, so you do have some knock. Are you back on your Stage 2 map?

Correction- Looks like it changed to 1 during your log, so that's somewhat a good sign. I wish Cobb had something similar to learning view...I still think you need to find someone with a tactrix cable to take a screenshot for you. Just don't reset your ECU...it needs to "learn" to get an accurate reading.

I am going to be back on stage 2 this afternoon. I am also installing my heat shield today as well. I will do a log today and see if I can get it to hold revs, then I will post it on here and see if you guys see anything fishy. I am going to give Tyler from True Tune a call and schedule a time next weekend to get a tune. That way, we can get a learning view done as well.

The only time it will hold revs is when I am doing a pull on the freeway, if that is what you mean. So Say I'm going 50-60, put it in to 4th or 3rd and floor it, they'll sit. I am going to do that today after the install of the heatshield and reinstall of the AP and stage 2 mapping. Thanks again for all the support on helping me out guys. Gotta love the Subaru community, especially LGT's.

That's not a pull though, that's really hard to work with since you're doing it as you shift.

Can you put it in 3rd/4th, slow down to ~3000RPM, and floor it and reproduce it, and take it all the way up to 5500 or so?

That will provide much better data.

If it only happens immediately after a shift, that's actually probably very relevant, though I'm not really sure how (recirc valve related maybe?)

It can't be tuning related.

Engine RPM and wheel speed are fixed. If one moves disproportionately to the other, then there is slip.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It can't be tuning related.

Engine RPM and wheel speed are fixed. If one moves disproportionately to the other, then there is slip.

Check the video though, his problem appears to be that engine RPM and wheel speed stay the same, neither one moving, despite him being WOT (from what he is saying)

No. Rev's jump, and the car accelerates.

then floor it, the revs will just jump and sit at the same rev while it acclerates

Video shows this too.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I will reiterate what you need to do: Flash over your stage 2 map, drive it a bit, and then have someone with a tactrix cable (I.e. True tune or a member here) do a learning view. That will identify what problems could be there.

Why bother?

You're right. Why should he even worry about it? Maybe the problem will just go away :rolleyes:

I know I'm right. The problem will go away when he replaces the clutch.

:rolleyes:

Lol exactly... Why bother... The clutch is slipping and then grabs... There is really 5 pages on this..

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Archived