LegacyGT.com

Subimods Hella Harness - Sanity Check

ShadowImg

Sorry to bring back this old thread but my stock 7.5 amp fuse blew. My harness was shipped the end of december and i have the 4 pin relay. Its sealed pretty well so taking apart would be a pain. If it was wired incorrectly would it not be possible to take the fuse out and have the horns still work to see if its wired correctly?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went to install my Hella Horns which I got for Christmas with the Subimods harness which I purchased around the first of the year.

The relay with the Hella Horns is definitely 4 prong, which would result in the 30 connecting to the Black line on the Subimods harness which leads to the spade to stock horn connecting.

Mine look EXACTLY like OP photos. Therefore, it seems these 4 prong connectors are definitely still around.

SO, my question is, Is the easy fix to somehow swap the black and blue spades in the Subimods harness so that its wired correctly? And if so, is the an easy way to push the spades out and reinsert?

• 2 years later...
Bumping this from the dead but I bought a set of Hellas with the harness either down at the Subaru Maryland event or at WBM and installed them something this summer and I had the 4 pin relay that was draining the crap out of my car over 1 weeks time. Changed the battery because I had drained more then a few times as my car sits over winter but it started to drain the new soon after. Keep a eye out guys.

Bumping this from the dead but I bought a set of Hellas with the harness either down at the Subaru Maryland event or at WBM and installed them something this summer and I had the 4 pin relay that was draining the crap out of my car over 1 weeks time. Changed the battery because I had drained more then a few times as my car sits over winter but it started to drain the new soon after. Keep a eye out guys.

If you're still having issues just send us over a PM and we can get this figured out for you. Let us know! Thanks, Justin

If you're still having issues just send us over a PM and we can get this figured out for you. Let us know! Thanks, Justin

i got it sorted out, came with a 4 pin relay installed, checked that the wiring matched the diagram in this thread and switched to a 5 pin relay and everything is working, hopeful my battery is not shot from draining a few times.

Archived