LegacyGT.com

New plan,post blown turbo build

Ok, So i ordered a new TMIC(360$) a new downpipe (300) new headers and up pipe(400) a garrett gt3076r(1800) and wondering what else i should get, I'm not looking to pump a TON of power right meow, just getting it running with the 3076:spin:

I dont see any reason it shouldnt bolt up, ATP stock replacement GT3071R fits with the TMIC. but that will be seen when it shows up I guess :/ my bad if you are correct. I have a stage 2 clutch and LW flywheel already, I have some 850 cc injectors i can put in. Walbro 255 fuel pump sound good?

1) $360 for a stock intercooler is outrageous. You got screwed.

2) The stock intercooler will not be capable of handling a 3076 when used within it's efficiency range.

I'm willing to bet that your car will be slower now, than it was with the stock turbo.

If you are going with a 3076, you might as well go with a front mount. I'd also start putting away pennies to build a motor.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

ATP doesn't make 08+ bolt-on turbos.

Shame, too. I'd actually consider one of the GT28RS turbos for my car. That little turbo is a hoss.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The TMIC will need a bridge to the 3076r, I will need to do a few mods to make it work, you're right that it would probably be more worth it to just go front mount at this point, but i reallly enjoy the look and cleanness of top mount. I still need to get a boost controller and BOV on the way :/

that turbo is a hoss? or boss? haha and yeah they spooolll so niceee

I see you have very few post here compared to some of us. You should slow down and think about what you need to do first before you spend more money.

When your second turbo blew, did it put metal into the oil pan ? Before you put the GT3067r on you better make sure the internals are in good shape.

Did you get a oil line kit for that turbo ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived