LegacyGT.com

P0325 Code on 95 Lgt

Hi, just got a CEL today, it's P0325. knock sensor circuit (bank 1). I need insight for how to fix it. Just replace the knock sensor? or what? if replace, what do i have to order? does it has to be OEM?

the car performs fine. didn't notice much difference. still get 29MPG with a 95 EJ22 swapped.

thanks

• I Donated
Here is a knock sensor on ebay (link here) for $15. I would try this. Its the cheapest you can buy and I'm sure it will do just fine. A knock sensor is a knock sensor

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 10 months later...
This is the code thats coming up on me. Bought a scanner, cleared it twice and it came back right away, third time I started driving right away and it didn't show back up until I slowed down. My question is, what can happen if I don't replace this? I won't be able to get under the hood until this weekend and I've got to drive across Wisconsin on Friday.

• I Donated

Your car is designed to run 87 octane. That code can come up if you used something below 87 octane though...but below 87 octane isn't available in the US.

You don't need octane booster or premium gas. Its a waste of money and won't help anything. You can order a knock sensor on eBay for about $15. Order one, put it in, and be happy.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Your car is designed to run 87 octane. That code can come up if you used something below 87 octane though...but below 87 octane isn't available in the US.

there were plenty of stations with 86 octane that i ran across while driving from az to upper michigan the last few weeks. they all had 88 as the mid grade, and the price difference sucked but i did not want to deal with 86.

Archived