LegacyGT.com

new legacy owner hurrrr

1999 Subaru Legacy SUS with 93k for $3300

http://i.imgur.com/0drD8.jpg

Was an ecstatic buy - till Monday AM my temp gauge pegged out. Radiator was empty. Afternoon I dropped it off at All Pro Subaru in Alpharetta, GA - yanked the thermostat to find it rigged open, threw in a new one, refilled with the right fluid mix, and hurray for blown HG's. Since the engine is being taken out, I'm replacing the oil and water pump. I got a screaming deal for what all I'm having done though by them ( honestly am - goes to show their level of customer service since they know I'm in a bind, they threw in a lot of the labor of some parts in with the engine pull for the HG's :D )

How much does a headgasket job on the 2.5L's typically cost on these anyways?

Planned mods are front/rear sway bars, projector front lights, PIAA fogs, HELLA horns, tint, a nice double din and replace speakers and daily it. Wouldnt mind a rally cross in it.

• I Donated

I'm down for 180 any time you are. Brandon@Allpro is pretty awesome...so is Patrick and Wes

Here is a video from Wolf Pen Gap (180). I'm the camera car. First car in the line is my old 97 GT, then a 06 GT, then me, a 11 STI, 92(ish?) R32 Skyline, and an old school AE86. We have fun

PS - I sent you a private message stormhammer. Check your PMs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvkZVTO1U94]Wolf Pen Gap - Blood Mountain Georgia - YouTube[/ame]

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
SUSs are impossible to find around here

For true. where you from man??

Atlanta, GA actually ( where broknindarkagain is ) - car was from PA though

Now I feel like a f*cking idiot

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

No clue. you should be able to use anything for 02 to 07 WRX also 02 04 sti suspension. Read all the stickies up at the top They will tell you what you can use whats made for our cars and such. It'll take you awhile to read it all but well worth it.

Well, car - rather the engine, runs like a dream!

Still need to replace the axle ont he drivers front left, and change the fluid on the auto-trans.

They replaced some of the vacuum lines around the... whatever the evaporator connects to on the engine, at the top, that's almost saucer shaped with the 3 vac lines? Cleared the CEL, adn it came back on later @_@ goddammit

No clue. you should be able to use anything for 02 to 07 WRX also 02 04 sti suspension. Read all the stickies up at the top They will tell you what you can use whats made for our cars and such. It'll take you awhile to read it all but well worth it.

I was asking because I kind of want to keep it riding high, but with firmness adjustability.

:p

I went to go find a minor oil leak - seems oil is leaking out of where the oil dipstick meets the part sticking up from the oil pan. Maybe need to reseal/rtv it.

sigh its hard to not feel jaded - it already drove me broke :lol:

Not quite sure how to approach the evaporator issues.

Archived