LegacyGT.com

Getting a pro-tune @ MACHV in VA

ohninegt25

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
valve body tranny mod isn't available for 08-09 5eat's yet but it's coming soon. IPT makes fully built 5eat tranny's that are ready for drop in if you're really wondering what you can do. some guy on here is running a 40r turbo with the ipt auto tranny.

• 1 month later...
valve body tranny mod isn't available for 08-09 5eat's yet but it's coming soon. IPT makes fully built 5eat tranny's that are ready for drop in if you're really wondering what you can do.

I'm going down this road, I can't take it anymore :confused:

Just IPT huh?

• 1 month later...
What did they say happened? Because from your other thread, sounds like someone (not pointing fingers) made a booboo.

i agree. there was most definatly and issue with your tune. i would present a copy on that datalog to your tuner and tell him to fix it

The shop (title of the thread) hasn't responded back to me (might be a little embarrassed) about this... so I took it to another shop and they told me that "by the sounds of things, it could be a piston issue but they can't be 100% until they take it apart." I will post the reason later.

Guess this will be an expensive lesson... I just keep telling myself that the car will be back and even stronger!

Your datalogs look like your MAF sensor was capped out. Being unable to meter the air appropriately, your car probably leaned out, causing some really bad detonation at WOT. I'd be wondering why your tuner didn't notice that during the tune... and I'd also want to know if they'll foot the bill being that if I'm right, they caused this problem...

Thanks for the input on this matter gentlemen... Here is the response to this issue...

The data from the log is unclear, but it looks like the car was overboosting, and/or had a leak somewhere. The Boost column shows as much as 24 psi, but then has erroneous data through a good part of the log. I'm not sure what it means when the boost column starts reading random very large numbers (41902?), but I'd say it's not good. I do see the MAF voltage at 5 volts -- I never saw that much voltage when I was tuning and logging the car. Looking back through all my previous logs, I never see voltages anywhere near that high.

If there's a leak in the pressurized piping you can see very large MAF numbers. I really can't deduce more about what happened with the engine without more information; at best I'd be guessing.

O:

What's your map's target boost? Safety limit should've been hit and a CEL should've been thrown. A leak in a pressurized portion of your intake should've caused you to underboost, not overboost. Again, just my thoughts on the matter, don't take what I say as gospel.

If the stock boost sensor is limited at about 23-24 psi, I have no idea how you're supposed to keep using that, have a target of 23psi, and still be able to have a safety cutoff to throw a CEL... You have no safety margin at all.

But even before you hit the boost limit, looking at the datalogs you posted up in your other thread, you clearly hit 300g/s (5V) on your MAF sensor at 16.34 PSI. WELL before your boost limit.

check his afr's on the dyno sheet. he tapers to mid 11's, and then just before redline low 11's. this leaves NO room for knock or maf/intake problems. he said he used an extension for cold air, spiking maf voltages can occur when there's not enough restriction in the intake pre maf- like a filter falling off. the maf couldnt have been damaged because that would have more than likely sprung a CEL. i think his af's leaned out a little bit and pistons went pop

That's not what he's running anymore.

Check post #9 and 26 for the dyno.

Thanks all... but Going BIGGER! Any thoughts?

ON RIGHT NOW:

SPT cat-back exhaust

SPT short-ram - extension added for colder air intake

Invidia Downpipe Catted

Prosport EL Header and Up-pipe

AVO intercooler

boost control solenoid

transmission cooler

MADE: approx 250hp & 270tq

INSTALLED IN A FEW WEEKS:

· Blouch 440XT turbo with 7cm2 housing

· Black ceramic coating on turbine housing