LegacyGT.com

Legacy Vibrations

Hello,

My 1998 Legacy GT is vibrating at 50-60mph. It doesn't vibrate at speeds lower or speeds higher than this range. It is as smooth as a car should be outside this range.

The vibration isn't just a steering column vibration, its the whole car vibrating. Could this be a wheel bearing? I just had a mechanic put new tires on this car, could their balance be the issue?

I just can't see shelling out another $600 for another wheel bearing replacement, so...

Be honest, what is it?

• I Donated
Bearings don't really vibrate they hum or make a bunch of noise when turning one way or another.

You haven't come across many bad wheel bearings then. They can hum, squeal, vibrate, grind, etc.

I just can't see shelling out another $600 for another wheel bearing replacement

You paid $600 for a wheel bearing?

You got ripped off. REALLY BAD

Check your tire balancing again.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If you're posting from a mobile device, please give the site servers and your service provider a chance to synch before posting again. Recommend you "send" and then come back 10 mins later and check to make sure that it's been picked-up (received) by the site.

Otherwise, you'll have information spread across several different threads, some relevant to your issue, but it will be missed because the multiple threads will have been deleted with that content.

Two other threads, same title have been deleted.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived