LegacyGT.com

Bad O2 sensor?

Just did a pressure test. The intercooler is leaking at the end tank on the turbo side. I'm going to try bending it back and putting some jb weld on it. If that doesn't fix it it's time for a new intercooler.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the intercooler is holding pressure now but I have another small leak under the intercooler. I think it's coming from one of the hoses on the pcv but I'm not positive. I was trying to take it off but I couldn't figure out those hose clamps. Do I need some kind of special tool to get them off?

My turbo inlet needs replaced too. I'm not sure if it's leaking or not but there is a tear on the underside right after the hose clamp. I took a picture of it but it's kinda hard to see the tear. I can't believe the dealership but it back on like this when they replaced my turbo.

004.thumb.jpg.2876b613b0b47fb8df39182d7e8f7588.jpg

Well after about 4 hours and a lot of cussing the new turbo inlet is on, but I'm still getting knock. I will pressure test it again on Monday to see if I have any leaks.

I also pulled of the throttle body hose and the rubber piece between the hose and the hose clamp is ripped pretty good. I'm not sure if it is leaking but it needs replaced regardless. Can someone tell me what it is called so I can order a new one.

Some pics of the old inlet and the ripped piece I'm talking about.

013.thumb.jpg.6b71de41e45d6a5dbb2b8f1d34aa9ed1.jpg

014.thumb.jpg.9bc4dcf70ba12d8f0a86c8ec32d15996.jpg

015.thumb.jpg.99bacbfdd7fcff6c925a9af9cdb50c34.jpg

016.thumb.jpg.a0a605e6103681ab354335ec4e53c1ad.jpg

017.thumb.jpg.0d9a4aa4657251dd6c83cd29010cac47.jpg

018.thumb.jpg.6f7359892748a570211278ddf91739cd.jpg

Thanks. I looked on fredbeans but all I could find was the hose itself and not the donuts. Right now I still have the OEM top mount but I do plan on upgrading eventually. I was thinking about ordering the AVO hose but I'm going to run to the dealership today after work and see if I can just buy the donut first.

I've been tracking this thread with quite a bit of interest. I have the same symptoms as both of you - stuttering between 2-3k rpms at 40-50% throttle and up. Unfortunately I don't have access to any sort of datalogger at present so I can only wonder about my knock sums.

The main reason I'm chiming in now is this: I recently replaced the turbo on my wife's 02 WRX and noticed the same problem with the rubber intake boot between her throttle body and intercooler. The thing is flipping destroyed. Worse than the pictures you posted. But I needed to drive it home from where I was working on it, so I threw it back together and am ordering a new one now.

Anyway, where I'm heading here is that her car does not exhibit any hesitation on acceleration despite having a swiss-cheese intake boot. The thing just never develops any boost. I don't know if this is worth anything, whether a shredded boot should produce the same symptoms across different platforms or not, etc., but there's my .02 :confused:

Archived