LegacyGT.com

'04 GTO or LGT limited?

'04 GTO 6MT with less than 3k miles or new Leg 5MT  

36 members have voted

1. 1. '04 GTO 6MT with less than 3k miles or new Leg 5MT

So in my car shopping I've been looking at the leg and the GTO, quite the difference I know. Right now '04 GTO's are going for decently cheap prices from their original owners and they already have slight mods (x-pipe, cai, other bits). What do you think?

That is a hard thing to decide, without knowing what you want in a car.

I want a legacy, and am not all that warmed up to a GTO, but that is my lifestyle and taste... So that is the way I voted.

You may want and need a different vehicle than I do...

Resale/trade-in value is iffy for both.

Well its iffy on the LGT depending on how the next year or so goes, but its not even a question if the GTO's resale is going to suck. 2004 GTO with 10,000 miles on ebay buy it now for 23,000 need i say more?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

trade-in valueis approx $21,000 on the '04 GTO, I found a guy selling his '04 6MT with less than 2k miles onit for $22K.

Its only the '04 that I'm considering buying, the '05 leggy or '05 GTO I was looking at leasing

The GTO is a great car. Its great for rouring around and it sounds great. The subaru gives you the backseat and the 4wd. I also narrowed it down to these two. I knew I would get tired of the 2 doors and rwd in poor weather. With a few mods the subaru will run with the GTO and won't draw as much attention. Subaru should be more reliable. Go with what feels right.

What sold me was the fact that I wasn't sure where I would be professionally over the next 3-5 years so I went with a car that could do it all. I couldn't see myself taking clients out in a GTO or heading to business appointments in the snow in a GTO. I also couldn't see strapping a baby seat into the back of a GTO (you never know)

To me the GTO made more sense as a car to get when I have most things figured out... which may be never

The GTO is a great car. Its great for rouring around and it sounds great. The subaru gives you the backseat and the 4wd. I also narrowed it down to these two. I knew I would get tired of the 2 doors and rwd in poor weather. With a few mods the subaru will run with the GTO and won't draw as much attention. Subaru should be more reliable. Go with what feels right.

What sold me was the fact that I wasn't sure where I would be professionally over the next 3-5 years so I went with a car that could do it all. I couldn't see myself taking clients out in a GTO or heading to business appointments in the snow in a GTO. I also couldn't see strapping a baby seat into the back of a GTO (you never know)

To me the GTO made more sense as a car to get when I have most things figured out... which may be never

You get an Gallardo/911 Turbo S when you have most things figured out, as for me an STI will do.

I keed I keeed

doesnt the GTO have a useable back seat?? i thought there was a bench back seat with the option of the bucket seats in the back with whatever interior color you chose?

as far as taking clients out, i wouldn't worry to much about it. hell at school a few years ago 4 grown men over 6ft tall used to pack into an Sti one of the technicians bought (can u say mid life crisis) just to ride in it!

Kenda

dont for get insurince bet a gto is pretty high i was going to get into a 03 350z instead of a wrx and there was a 400 buck diff. 6mo

Insurance is the same for both cars, give or take a few bucks. 1000 deduct with USAA quoted me $135/month or 155 with 500 deduct

Both are great cars. I was somewhat in the same boat as you. I was looking at GTO's and Legacy's. It didn't help that I work for a subaru dealership.

Anywho, the only thing I didn't like about the GTO was that it didn't have AWD and there was hardly any trunk space.

On the Legacy side though, the only thing I didn't like was that it didn't come in a 6 spd.

You'll save more money in tires and gas if you get the Legacy. I'm running no cats and a tune and I've consistantly gotten 30+ mpg. It's up to you.

The stuff I reading on this forum and the GTO forum, fuel mileage isn't too big of a difference.

Not running cats? be careful where you mention that......:)

See, now I have another person who had almost the same comparison, odd, I thought I was the only one.

It's actually really odd at how many people considered both...Even weirder is this kid who came into the dealership yesterday who's considering a STi, GTO, G35, and 04 Saleen. I was like well if you could get any different. He drives a mountaineer now. I told him that if it was me I'd get a new Vette if I wanted a RWD car or the STi for daily driver.

Think about it. You can get an GTO for cheaper...but i would say overall the STi is a more practical and overall better car for day to day use. UNLESS you have a winter driver.

Archived