LegacyGT.com

over boosting need help

boost will vary depending on temps and other compensations. if you don't hit boost cut, your ecu find no issue with the pressure it's reading at the map sensor(absolute). if it's a stock tune, i wouldn't worry about it.

ripemeat, do you still stand by this statement ^, now knowing that I read the boost off the ECU?

if your map is completely stock, and the ecu doesn't boost cut, then i find no issue here. boost will fluctuate from day to day by a little bit due to environmental changes. more importantly, if you're so concerned, log knock parameters to see if it's causing any other issues.

if your map is completely stock, and the ecu doesn't boost cut, then i find no issue here. boost will fluctuate from day to day by a little bit due to environmental changes. more importantly, if you're so concerned, log knock parameters to see if it's causing any other issues.

thanks for the insight. I cannot log knock parameters as of yet since I do not own neither a tactrix nor a vag cable. For now, I check the following parameters in realtime while I drive using my Torque app: AFR, timing advance, load, boost, MAF, and some others.

I'd like to report that the rattling I've been hearing had nothing to do with the wastegate. I am missing the circled piece in my engine bay on the picture below.

As a result, the hood prop rod was vibrating against the engine cover. I am glad that was the source of the rattling and not the wastegate failing!

enginebay.png.2cfa0bfff6b63c2f9d2f2e0354143d4f.png

Archived