LegacyGT.com

3' of standing water... no problem

a guy at work was dong compression tests ona car. forgot to disable the fule injectors. filled the cylinders with fuel. with jsut a "click" out fo the starter. the engine was hydro locked. bent 3 rods

It didnt run better after that? The guy with the truck said this improved his car.:rolleyes:

3 feet of water at a standstill..once the car starts plowing through it will disperse the water to some degree. I had a similar incident in my 03 outback..though i didn't choose to go plowing through water deep enough to cover the headlights, it just kind of happened..and this wasn't on paved road..dirt/gravel..washed away mostly due to i was driving through a make shift field river. These cars will do it..but at great expense. As mentioned earlier..be sure to check all your fluids..water is everywhere for sure.

Like I said in the beginning, wouldn't recommend it, nor do I plan to do it again. Doubt I was in long enough to have h2o in the tranny, I know what you mean though as typically that happens when you get stuck in a hole and the water level is above the breather level for a extended period of time. But part of the reason I bought this car was so that I could do this type o stupid shiat. rex, not sure what regional slang your refering to?

I'm gonna dig into fixing the underbody tonight, so I'll let you guys know what I did, and I'll check the fluids to be safe. I'm thinking about replacing the plastic panels with aluminum........ good idea? thinking it'll make it more rally tuff!

Man, if I were buying a car that I thought might have to wade through a few feet of water, I would get a landie. Not a legacy.

A landie disco with a high mount intake. Thats the ticket.

Something like the landie that Lara Croft/Angelina Jolie drove in the first Tomb Raider movie. THAT is an SUV!

Good thing you did it WOT because your tail pipe can act like a straw. I have seen guys stall their Jeeps in the middle of the water and that engine will actualy pull water in through the tail pipe. This is not good because unlike air water cannot be compressed.

I have to agree that I'm nuts, but we might be dealing with a case of vaginitus umungst a few folks here! If the car can do it, what's the problem ;) I had a "landie" defender and it did wade through rivers, lakes whatever, but struggled above speeds of 80mph. I also had a roommate in college that raced SCAA rally and those subbie's will go through some serious shiat menge...... It's good to have such a diverse group though, it's been fun reading all the different opinions on this subject.

see examples below, also attached is how to change your coilover suspension on your "landie"

Cheers Hiymeh

river.jpg.a2e5338184b7e0859e976f473b1e4f9f.jpg

springs.jpg.08cecc343503b56a9e5bb467dbfe1ade.jpg

I have to agree that I'm nuts, but we might be dealing with a case of vaginitus umungst a few folks here! If the car can do it, what's the problem ;) I had a "landie" defender and it did wade through rivers, lakes whatever, but struggled above speeds of 80mph. I also had a roommate in college that raced SCAA rally and those subbie's will go through some serious shiat menge...... It's good to have such a diverse group though, it's been fun reading all the different opinions on this subject.

see examples below, also attached is how to change your coilover suspension on your "landie"

Cheers Hiymeh

Nice D90, I havent had the pleasure of wheeling with one of those yet. I almost got a used on instead of my Jeep but wanted something that was under warrenty to get me through college. I heard they go pretty well and we did have a Range Rover @ our last meeting.

go hiymeh! i used to run my lod honda 3 wheeler up and down the creek back in the 80's. after about an hour or so, i would check my oil and it looked like a milk shake and the level would be way up past full. i would then get on the road and run it wide open for about 10 minutes to get back home. when back at home, the oil looked like it did before i left and was back down to it's proper level. did this many, many times, and that japanese work of art ran like a bat out of hell for the five years i owned it. never an engine problem one.

Archived