LegacyGT.com

'97 GT Wagon totaled, looking for another, OR !!!

SubeeTedV

Hi ALL!

I know that this might be the wrong section in the board to post this. I was hoping for more eyes to see this in the right region !!

I just had an accident Mon the 29th at an intersection in Pittsfield, MA. My beloved '97 GT Legacy Wagon is totaled !!! Would love to find another one of the 97-99 years, with a 5 speed. Somewere close to me in Western Mass.

Of course I will be looking in the usual places Craigslist, Ebay, Autotrader etc. pickings are slim !

I love to find another '97-'99 Wgn, I'm finding that difficult to find a good one with a 5 speed. I have never driven a 2000 + GT or plain Legacy with the 2.5 single cam and different body style. Just what are they like compared to the '97-'99's ??

Many thanks, SubeeTed

If you drive a 00 or newer, you'll never go back to a 97-99. They are that much better. I had a 98, 32,000 miles. I buddy had a 98, traded it for a 00. He said the difference was amazing.

I stopped by the dealer, march of 00, test drove one. The base sticker was $260 more then my 98. I guess there were 114 changes to the car. When I started the car, I said wow, when I drove the car 60ft, off the dirt onto the pavement, I said wow, what difference. Drove it around the block and ordered one.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Agree with Max on this one... the difference between the 2nd and 3rd gens is significant. The difference between the 3rd and 4th gens is even more significant IMO. Major difference in 2nd to 3rd gen is the DOHC to SOHC - loss of low-end torque and better power, but you gain a lot of smoothness overall. Suspension and handling is definitely more upscale.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Having owned a couple 2nd gen wagons and currently owning both a 3rd and 4th gen wagon, I'd have to say my favorite was the crappy '95 L because it was so nice to have a car to take offroad, stick stickers on, and treat with reckless abandon. That said, the 3rd gen GT is still the most comfortable according to the GF, seems to have the most room to tote stuff around, and (when folded flat) has enough room to stretch out for a nap in the back. Obviously the 4th gen is vastly superior in all performance aspects and is just a much nicer car...

...just my opinion.

Archived