LegacyGT.com

Sti s202 transmission

lil_z_33

So the 5spd puked today. Shop has a jdm s202 6spd that they can sell/install. Apparently one of the strongest Subaru trannies out there. No dccd. External cooler. Steel fork. Steel something else. 4kgf center diff which is apparently really strong and stronger front diff too.

I've come to learn that alot of ppl do not use dccd. Some only lock when getting on the dyno. I probably take the car on the circuit 3-5 times a year, max 20 laps at a time. Drag race maybe 10-15 times a year averaging 7 passes per night. I really wanted dccd at first but now this s202 tranny has got me thinking. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Would you be able to add the aftermarket DCCD ?

I do not have much experience with DCCD but I surely do enjoy my front LSD. It transformed the car - and you would love it on the circuit. The car will be more controllable and more predictable. If you can swing the costs, you will not be disappointed.

4KgF diff is the same as your 5MT diff, and the same as a Spec-B center diff.

DCCD CAN be added, but definitely not worthwhile.

If it were me, I'd use a USDM STi transmission.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

4KgF diff is the same as your 5MT diff, and the same as a Spec-B center diff.

DCCD CAN be added, but definitely not worthwhile.

If it were me, I'd use a USDM STi transmission.

what is your reasoning behind wanting to use a USDM tranny over the JDM one?

Archived